The Point Estate
10 guests · 5 bedrooms · 5 baths
Nothing interrupts the Lake Taupo views from these two modern homes except your own private pools. The villas may be the only civilization in 58 acres of bushland, but hot tubs, sun-splashed terraces, and airy rooms with glass walls and vaulted ceilings mean they’re quite civilized indeed. Discover the area by boat, on a cycle on the Great Lake Trail, or on a fishing trip in search of local trout.
Each villa has its own outdoor living areas with a swimming pool, hot tub, sitting and dining furniture, and a barbecue. In the evenings, you can flip on the gas fireplace and set the mood with the sound system, or stay in touch with the outside world via Wi-Fi. An espresso machine will fuel your outdoor adventures, and laundry facilities will help you start each activity with fresh gear.
Fold-away glass walls and vaulted ceilings give you the luxury of enjoying the glorious New Zealand scenery from the comfort of the wicker sofas in the villas’ living rooms. Fry up locally caught trout in the fully equipped kitchens and reconnect with friends and family around the dining tables.
This vacation rental includes one 2-bedroom house and one 3-bedroom house. All 5 bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms, and several have lake views. While they can accommodate up to 10 guests, the smaller villa could also be a retreat for in-laws wanting a quieter holiday or a couple wanting honeymoon-style privacy.
The Point Estate is a 1-minute drive from the Taupo Maori Carving, which towers above the waters of the lake. It’s also a short drive from the roaring blue waters of Huka Falls, where the lake drains out of its caldera, and the shops and restaurants in the town of Taupo. Thirsty travelers can also plan to visit the craft breweries and wineries outside of downtown.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
The Point Villa Tatamoana
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed (can be converted to two twins), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower and bathtub, Walk-in closet, Direct access to shared terrace, View of Lake Taupo and Mine Bay
- Bedroom 2: King size bed (can be converted to two twins), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower and bathtub, Walk-in closet, Direct access to shared terrace
The Point Villa Ngahere
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed (can be converted to two twins), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower and bathtub, Walk-in closet, Private terrace, View of Lake Taupo and Mine Bay
- Bedroom 2: King size bed (can be converted to two twins), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Dual vanity, Walk-in closet, Television, View of Lake Taupo and Mine Bay
- Bedroom 3: King size bed (can be converted to two twins), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower and bathtub, Direct access to terrace with hot tub
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area with seating for 8
- Espresso machine
- Gas Fireplace
- Sound system
- Heating system
- View of Lake Taupo and Mine Bay
- Swimming pool
- Hot tub
- Alfresco dining with seating for 12
- Outdoor lounge area
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Airport transfer
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities & excursions
- Grocery Shopping Services
- Housekeeping services
Points of Interest
- 1 minute drive to the Taupo Maori Carving
- 14.7 km to the Huka Falls
- 16 km to the Town of Taupo
- 21 km to Mount Tauhara
- 19 km to Taupo Airport (TUO)
- 273 km to Auckland Airport (AKL)
- 389 km to Wellington Airport (WLG)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Golf course access
+ 1 more
Taupo, New Zealand
23 min drive
Aukland Airport (AKL)
209 min drive
Wellington International Airport
307 min drive
Points of Interest
Taupo Maori Carvings
3 min walk
14 min drive
18 min drive
23 min drive
Have a question about this home?
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.