Colorful Tuscan farmhouse near Lucca and Pisa
12 guests · 6 bedrooms · 6.5 baths
Casa Felice Matteucci is a gem of a Tuscan farmhouse set on a stunning estate featuring hill-terraced olive groves and overlooking a small lake with its own little tree-shaded island reached by a wooden bridge. A piece of history, this stunning residence was once home to Felice Matteucci who, in the summer of 1854, invented the first stroke engine, a predecessor to that in modern motor cars, in his on-site workshop. Today, Casa Felice Matteucci is a blissful retreat to discover and enjoy the magical beauty of la dolce vita – the sweet life awaits!
The jasmine covered gazebo surrounded by well-manicured gardens sets the perfect backdrop to the flood-lit swimming pool. Alfresco dining is such a delight, surrounded by a large, well-manicured garden. Try out some local cuts on the barbeque. The perks inside include satellite television, a DVD player, centralized music system and Wi-Fi. You can also stay on top of your workouts in the well-equipped fitness room. The villa also features a banquet hall that serves as a most impressive setting for a special event. Your reservation includes a personal chef and housekeeping.
Everywhere you look at Casa Felice Matteucci, splashes of color brighten the mood of every room. The ground floor is spacious and sunny, offering a salon with comfortable sofas, a guest study, a grand domed dining room and Tuscan kitchen. High vaulted ceilings with exposed wooden beams contribute integrally to the rustic feel of the residence.
Casa Felice Matteucci offers six luxuriously appointed guestrooms, each with magnificent en-suite bath/shower rooms. The villa can accommodate up to twelve fortunate guests. Each suite has been given its own mood-enhancing color scheme. Fine linens and beddings offer splendid nights of rest.
During your stay at Casa Felice Matteucci, you will be just minutes from a tennis club and golf course as well as the towns of Lucca and Pisa. While Lucca is known for various historical structures such as its walls, streets, squares and buildings, it is also well-known as the birthplace of the legendary composer Giacomo Puccini (La Bohème and Madama Butterfly). Apart from its iconic ‘leaning tower,’ you can also visit a slew of other architectural sites including churches and picturesque squares in Pisa. Get it all in Tuscany!
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Air conditioning and heating
- Bedroom 2: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Air conditioning and heating
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Air conditioning and heating
- Bedroom 4: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning and heating
- Bedroom 5: Queen size bed, En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning and heating
- Bedroom 6: 2 Twin beds (can be converted into Queen), En-suite bathroom with shower, Air conditioning/heating
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- 6 individually styled double bedrooms with en-suit bathrooms
- Fully-equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Espresso Machine
- Dining area with seating for 12
- Cable television
- Smart Television
- Integrated sound system
- Fitness room
- Safe in each room
- Banquet hall
- Air conditioned/heated bedrooms
- Iron/Ironing board
- Security system
- Floodlit pool (14m x 6m x 1,8 m)
- Alfresco dining
- Charcoal barbecue
- Large garden
- Private lake
- Private parking
- Shared access to tennis court, soccer field and volleyball field (reservation recommended)
STAFF & SERVICES
- Daily chef service (except Wednesdays) - Breakfast and one meal (lunch or dinner)
- Daily morning housekeeping (excluding Sunday)
- Linen change on Saturdays and Wednesdays
- Gardener & Pool Attendant
- Porter service
- Air conditioning consumption
- Heating consumption
- Water & Gas consumption
- Electricity consumption up to 750KW
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Driving service
- Additonal Housekeeping
- Additional chef service
- Cost of food and beverages
- Telephone usage
- Electricity consumption above to 750KW
Points of Interest:
- 1.5 miles to putting green and tennis club
- 2.5 miles to hospital
- 4 miles to Lucca
- 12 miles to Pisa
- 18 miles to golf course
- 31 miles to Firenze
- 37 miles to Cinque Terre
- 50 miles to Siena and Bolgheri
- 160 miles to Venezia
- 170 miles to Roma
- 190 miles to Milano
- 12 miles to Viareggio Beach and Forte dei Marmi Beach
- 24 miles to Pisa International Airport (PSA)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
+ 2 more
Have a question about this home?
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules