Booking places to stay
Booking places to stay
- How-toLearn about Airbnb’s booking process, how to confirm your reservation, special offers direct from a host and more.
- How-toAirbnb reservations for personal travel need to be booked by the person who's going to stay at the listing.
- How-toWe encourage all guests to complete their bookings through our website before meeting in person to ensure their safety and privacy.
- How-toSplit stays is a feature that allows you to split longer stays between two different listings.
- How-toGuests can discover more flexible ways to travel using Categories—browsing millions of homes they never knew existed.
- How-toFrom sharing your story in your bio section to leaving honest reviews, connecting with other members of our community is key to travelling w…
- GuideEvery booking comes with AirCover for guests. If there’s a serious issue with your Airbnb that your Host can't resolve, we’ll help you find …
- Legal termsAirCover for guests is different from travel or reservation insurance. AirCover for guests is provided for free with every booking, while tr…
- How-toIdentity verification, reservation screening, payment issues and availability are some reasons why you might not be able to complete a reser…
- How-toAfter the basics (name, email and phone number) we need a little more info in order for you to book your stay.
- Community policyYou must be at least 18 to book a reservation or host your place on Airbnb.
- RulesYes, children can travel on Airbnb, but some Hosts have specified that their space may not be safe or suitable for children or infants.
- Community policyOur community is built on the principles of inclusion, belonging and respect, which includes welcoming and supporting people with disabiliti…
- RulesAirbnb has been granted special authorisation by the US Department of Treasury that allows us to offer authorised travel services to non-US …
- How-toGet helpful info on what you need to know before booking a stay in Japan, including info you’ll give your Host.
Host interactions and pre-approvals
- How-toIf you want to find out more about a listing, Host or experience before booking, you can message the Host on Airbnb.
- How-toA pre-approval is a way for a Host to let you know that their listing is available when asked about a potential reservation. You have 24 hou…
- How-toIf a host pre-approves you, you can automatically book your reservation for the dates you’ve enquired about without waiting for another resp…
- How-toYou can contact a host about their place before requesting to book it. The host then has the option to pre-approve you or give you a special…
- How-toYou can book a reservation without contacting the Host beforehand, but it’s a good idea to message the Host if you have questions.
- How-toBefore you book, you can ask a Host specific questions about a listing, availability and more.
- How-toSome Hosts require a rental agreement to secure a reservation but they must disclose this requirement and its terms prior to booking.
- How-toOnce you’re ready to book, you can send a request to the Host, or message them with any questions.
- How-toAs long as your pending trip request hasn’t been accepted, you can cancel the reservation through the message thread with your Host.
- How-toYou can check the status of your reservation by visiting your Inbox or by going to Trips and finding your reservation.
- How-toFind details on the various statuses your reservation may go through.
- How-toHosts have 24 hours to officially accept or decline a reservation request. You'll be updated by email with the status.