Collecting fees outside of Airbnb
For the most part, Hosts can’t collect any additional fees or charges outside our platform unless expressly authorized by us.
The exception is hotels and software-connected Hosts, who can charge and collect certain fees using a separate payment method—as long as they’re detailed in the listing and included in the price breakdown before booking. These include:
- Resort fee: This can cover the cost of amenities like pool, gym, or wifi
- Security deposit: A refundable deposit that can be used to cover any damage that occurs during the stay
- Cleaning fee: A one-time fee used to cover the cost of cleaning
- Incidentals: This can include things like valet, parking, or airport shuttle fees.
Hosts usually collect these fees before a stay, at check-in, or within 48 hours after checkout.
- GuestAll pricing information is included when you book a reservation using Airbnb. There are a few exceptions.
- GuestSecurity deposits can be required either by Airbnb or by Hosts. They can be based on the features of the place to stay and/or the timing of …
- GuestIf an Airbnb Host on the Airbnb site asks you to pay off-site or through another company, report it to us.