About Airbnb: What it is and how it works
You can host anything, anywhere, so guests can enjoy everything, everywhere.
A community built for belonging
Airbnb began in 2008 when two designers who had space to share hosted three travellers looking for a place to stay. Now, millions of Hosts and guests have created free Airbnb accounts to enjoy each other's unique view of the world.
Unique stays, Experiences, Adventures and more
From cosy cottages to elegant penthouses, Hosts are happy to share their places. Whether its a work trip, weekend getaway, family holiday or a longer stay, there are millions of amazing places to visit.
Then there are Airbnb Experiences, in-person or online activities hosted by inspiring local experts. From horse whispering to canyon hiking, Experience Hosts share their passion for cooking, animals, music and so much more.
Or local guides take small groups off the beaten trail into more unexplored territories with Airbnb Adventures for fully immersive expeditions.
On the business front, Airbnb for Work has everything needed to do your job on the road, from top-rated places and collaborative spaces to team-building Experiences and administrative tools that make managing travel easier than ever.
Services you can trust
We want your experience with Airbnb to be easy and enjoyable. Here’s how we’re working to help make you feel secure and protected:
- Verified personal profiles and listings
- Smart messaging for Hosts and guests to safely communicate with confidence
- A trusted platform for collecting and transferring payments
Learn more about our commitment to your safety in our Help Centre.
Our guests and Hosts are always on the go, and so are we. Our global Community Support team is at the ready 24/7 in 11 different languages. Need help with rebooking, refunds, reimbursements and more, We also offer AirCover for Hosts, which is included every time you host and provides you $3M USD in Host damage protection. Feel free to contact us.
- Guests can request to book your Experience any date or time not listed on your calendar. They can send a request by contacting you from your…
- Travel adminTo enrol your company or to talk to someone about how it works, fill out our contact form.
- GuestYou can find your reservation details, like your confirmation code, in your Inbox or in your Trips.