House of Peace
11 guests · 6 bedrooms · 3.5 baths
This Golden Gate Avenue home pairs a distinctive Victorian exterior with creative decor and modern luxury. Wooden stairs lead up to the arched entry, opening to lush carpet, mirrors and a hallway chandelier. Shining fixtures, flourishing plants and stylish touches light up the kitchen and comfortable living room, with historic homes, museums, huge parks, and diverse neighborhoods nearby.
As morning dawns at the House of Peace, sip a reviving tea or coffee in the ornamental garden, as a stone water feature softly burbles. Step into the welcoming home, and relax on comfortable sofas and couches that dot the lower level as other guests arise. Easily plan a day trip encompassing famous city sights over breakfast in the colorfully-decorated kitchen, as pristine, marble-lined bathrooms and the quiet retreat of the home’s study ensure every guest need is met. The sheer character of the home ensures that evenings spent relaxing on the easy couches, or at the fireside dining table are always enjoyable.
From the steps of this home, guests can visit attractions in both the immediate locality and easily-accessible greater city. Take a short stroll to admire the Painted Ladies housing row, before taking in the fresh air, towering Coast Redwoods, and lush expanses of the Golden Gate park. A short walk to Haight-Ashbury reveals the city’s unique urban heritage and diverse world cuisine. Ride the famous cable cars downtown and take an exhilarating cruise around Alcatraz, or experience the eye-catching collections at the fascinating Academy of Sciences.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
Registration number: STR-0001772
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Fireplace
- Bedroom 2: Single size day bed, Shared access to hall bathroom with bedrooms 3, 4 & 5, Stand-alone rain shower, dual vanity
- Bedroom 3: Queen size bed, Ensuite powder room, Shared access to hall bathroom with bedroom 2, 4 & 5, Stand-alone rain shower, dual vanity, Television
- Bedroom 4: King size bed, Ensuite powder room, Shared access to hall bathroom with bedroom 2, 3 & 5, Stand-alone rain shower, dual vanity
- Bedroom 5: King size bed, Shared access to hall bathroom with bedroom 2, 3 & 4, Stand-alone rain shower, dual vanity
- Bedroom 6: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower and bathtub, Walk-in closet, Massage table, Television, Access to rooftop balcony
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully-equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Wine fridge
- Dining area with seating for 20
- Cable television
- Projector screen
- Gas fireplace
- Heating system
- Central air conditioning
- Iron/Ironing board
- Parking for 1 car
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
- Chef services
Points of Interest:
- 3 minute drive to Alamo Square Park
- 3 miles to San Francisco Maritime National Historic Park
- 4 miles to Fisherman's Wharf
- 4 miles to the Golden Gate Bridge
- 8 miles to Marin Headlands
- 13 miles to Mount Tamalpais State Park
- 15 mile to Muir Woods National Monument
- 16 miles to Muir Beach
- 35 miles to Point Reyes National Seashore
- 33 miles to Alamere Falls
- 43 miles to Sonoma
- 14 miles to San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- 21 miles to Oakland International Airport (OAK)
Enter dates and number of guests to check the total trip price, including additional fees and any taxes.
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Natural gas barbecue
Stand alone rain shower
+ 9 more
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
23 min drive
Oakland International Airport (OAK)
33 min drive
Points of Interest
Alamo Square Park
4 min drive
Golden Gate Bridge
11 min drive
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park
15 min drive
18 min drive
25 min drive
Muir Woods National Monument
33 min drive
36 min drive
56 min drive
Point Reyes National Seashore
63 min drive
72 min drive
85 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.