Villa St. Leger
10 guests · 6 bedrooms · 6 baths
The air is perfumed with lavender and jasmine—and wine, of course—at this circa-1890 estate near Cape Town. The rugged lines of the mountains dwarf the scale of the villa’s gardens, the grounds of the boutique winery it sits on, and the house’s classic Cape Dutch facade. While oenophiles will find plenty to taste here, nearby Constantia has French brasseries, coffee shops, golf courses, and more.
Stop to smell the private rose gardens and listen to the trickling of the fountains as you swim in the pool, sip a new favorite South African wine in the outdoor living room, sit down to an al-fresco dining table for eight, or, in cooler weather, read in the glassed-in garden room. There’s a wine cellar to supply you with fresh bottles to open while you watch the satellite-equipped smart TV, listen to the integrated sound system, and catch up via Wi-Fi.
A holiday at this vacation rental is a way to step back in time without missing out on the luxury of today. Oregon oak floors link stately living and dining rooms with details like beamed ceilings, brick fireplaces, floor-length drapes, plump sofas, and slipcovered chairs. The fully equipped kitchen opens to a casual dining area and family room.
The villa has four bedrooms with king beds, including a honeymoon-worthy master suite with its own lounge area, fireplace, and wraparound balcony overlooking the vineyards and mountains. There’s also one bedroom with a queen bed and one bedroom with a twin bed. All six bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms.
The St. Leger estate is a 7-minute drive from central Constantia, where you’ll find coffee shops serving excellent lattes, bakeries producing perfectly puffed macarons, restaurants expertly pairing dishes with wine, and even a sports bar showing the latest rugby. It’s also within day-trip distance of several of Cape Town’s best beaches.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower and bathtub, Dual vanity, Walk-in closet, Satellite television, Smart television, Lounge area, Fireplace, Safe, Portable air conditioning unit, Wraparound balcony with vineyard and mountain views
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower and bathtub, Walk-in closet, Desk, Safe, Portable air conditioning unit, Direct access to garden
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower and bathtub, Walk-in closet, Desk, Safe, Portable air conditioning unit, Garden views
- Bedroom 4: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/tub combo, Lounge area, Air conditioning, Garden views
- Bedroom 5: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/tub combo, Lounge area, Air conditioning
- Bedroom 6: Twin size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/tub combo, Portable air conditioning unit
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast table
- Formal dining area with seating for 12
- Wood-burning fireplaces
- Satellite television
- Smart television
- Integrated sound system
- Media room
- Exercise room
- Wine cellar
- Washer & Dryer
- Iron/Ironing board
- Swimming pool - unheated
- Alfresco dining with seating for 8
- Outdoor living area
- Outdoor kitchen
- Glass garden room
- Rose garden
- 3-car garage
- Gated property
STAFF & SERVICES
- 24/7 security
- Daily housekeeping
At Extra Cost - advance notice may be required:
- Driver service
- Car rental
- Activities and excursions
- Villa pre-stocking
Points of Interest
- 7 minute drive to Constantia
- 8.3 km to Hout Bay
- 15 km to Llandudno Sports Centre (Tennis Court, Gym)
- 11 km to Steenberg Golf Estate
- 16 km to Cape Town Center
- 23 km to Table Mountain
- 15 km to Llandudno Beach
- 22 km to Camps Bay Beach
- 23 km to Clifton 4th Beach
- 24 km to Cape Town International Airport (CPT)
Enter dates and number of guests to check the total trip price, including additional fees and any taxes.
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
+ 2 more
Cape Town, South Africa
Hout Bay Beach
10 min drive
22 min drive
Camps Bay Beach
29 min drive
31 min drive
Steenberg Golf Estate
19 min drive
Points of Interest
Constantia wine country
7 min drive
Llandudno Sports Centre
20 min drive
21 min drive
35 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 30 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 30 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.