Our apartment is centrally located, meaning 5 minutes to the main pedestrian street Istiklal and 10 minutes to Taksim Square. It is an authentic Turkish neighborhood, with an interesting cross-section of the Istanbul population. An historical Greek flat, it is a very typical example of the apartments built by Greek families in the earlier part of the 20th century. It's very spacious and airy with high ceilings and beautiful wooden floors. The layout of the apartment is great for welcoming guests. It has two sections of communal space and bedrooms placed so that there is little need to be overly concerned of making noise. Your room has a small balcony with a view down the hill towards the Golden Horn.
We're looking forward to welcoming you in our home. We're a German/ American couple who have lived many years in Istanbul and work in tourism and jewelry. In addition to our mother tongues, we can also speak French and Turkish. And,
as we have both traveled extensively, we are sympathetic to the needs of those who are far away from the comforts of home. Therefore, we cover the details to ensure a more enjoyable stay.
We offer as a courtesy:
• Coffee and tea
• A transit card which saves you money on all public transport
• Maps, up to date guidebooks, etc (don't bother bringing your own)
• Access to our well-equipped, spice-stocked kitchen
• Upon request, set-up of our film projector and film of your choice (We are film lovers, and Istanbul can be an exhausting city. Sometimes it's better to just come home early and relax with a movie!)
• Laundry service
• A wealth of information of the city!
We're a German/ American couple who has been living many years in Istanbul and work in tourism and jewelry. In addition to our mother tongues, we can also speak French and Turkish. We are sure you will enjoy your stay with us!