Wonderful villa surrounded by pine trees just 6 km from the spectacular Playa de Gandía. This house is ideal for relaxing, being in contact with nature (mountain and beach) and for hiking, climbing, cycling, horseback riding and golfing.
Beautiful, quiet and welcoming villa in a mountainous area, surrounded by pine trees and orange groves. It has two large terraces, one in the front and another in the back. It has a beautiful and spacious garden full of native trees and a swing - a perfect place for recreation and relaxation.
Our villa is perfect for relaxing and enjoying your holidays: from the peacefulness of the villa and its surroundings, to practicing outdoor sports (hiking, climbing, cycling, horseback riding and golfing). You can also enjoy a swim in the calm Mediterranean Sea at Gandia Beach or even a day of snorkelling on nearby beaches.
Our villa can accommodate up to 6 people. It has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, all with exterior views. One of the rooms has a double bed and a bathroom. The other 2 bedrooms have 2 single beds in each of them. The kitchen is fully equipped: washing machine, oven, microwave, dishwasher, etc. The spacious living room has a fireplace, two sofas and a large dining table. Through the large French doors you have access to the terraces (equipped with outdoors tables, chairs, armchairs and a barbecue), which makes the inside-outside connection easy and accessible. As all the rooms have exterior views, the house has a lot of natural light which fills the house with joy.
There is a service road that takes you directly to the house and a parking space for several vehicles. Daily public transportation (bus) is available from the house to downtown Gandia and Barx.
The villa is located in an area called “Marxuquera alta de Gandia” and has all the features needed for a few days of peace and relaxation thanks to the surrounding environment. From the villa you have direct access to the hiking trail of the “Barranc de Borrell”, declared a protected nature reserve, and other scenic trails to get to the peak of Mondúver.
Its location allows you to practice sports such as rock climbing (the famous "Penya Roja" is just 1 km from our villa), cycling (steep mountain roads or easy paths between the orange groves), horseback riding (just 2 km) and golfing (in Gandia, Oliva or Javea). The closeness of the peak of Mondúver to the nearby village of Barx (famous for its excellent lamb meat and local sausage products) allows you to visit the Parpalló cave, a rich prehistoric site just 2 km from the house.
Furthermore, you can enjoy spectacular Gandia Beach and the neighbouring beaches of Xeraco, Tavernes and Cullera, or have a day of diving in the coves near Denia and Javea, all with enviable climate and wonderful gastronomy.
Just 4 km away you will find the city of Gandia with all the necessary services: supermarkets, shops, cinemas, shopping malls, restaurants, a hospital and other facilities that a city usually provides.
Gandia is also well known as the birthplace of "fideuá" (Valencian noodles with white fish and seafood) and for its cultural heritage such as the Ducal Palace of the Borgias, the Collegiate, the University of Gandia and an archaeological museum.
The famous Gandia Beach (Playa/Platja de Gandia) is located only 6 km from the villa. The beaches are internationally recognized for their cleanliness, size and extensive white sands. They also have recreational tourist services like a large boardwalk, cinemas, bowling alleys, nightclubs, restaurants, shops, etc.
Denia and Javea beaches are located 30 km from our villa. There you can enjoy a day of diving in the coves.
The beautiful city of Valencia is located 60 km from the house. In Valencia you will find the impressive architectural complex known as the City of Science (which includes an aquarium, opera house, IMAX theatre, science museum), the cathedral, the famous Lonja (declared a World Heritage site) and the Museum of Modern Art (IVAM). Around Valencia you will find “la Albufera”, a designated natural park that was the inspiration for some of the novels of writer Blasco Ibañez.
Interaction with guests
On the day of your arrival, we will be waiting for you at the house, having previously sent you a map with directions to get to the villa and a phone/mobile number to reach us. We drop off the keys, show you the place and answer any questions you may have via internet or text message. If there is an emergency, we can make ourselves available when necessary.
An extra set of bath towels and sheets are at the top of the bedroom wardrobe, as well as cleaning products below the kitchen sinks. We think 2 sets of items are enough for a week-long stay. Anything longer than a week, then you will need to wash, change and clean things yourself (that’s why we have a washing machine for you). However, we do offer a weekly cleaning service for 50€ per week if you prefer (a full house cleaning each time). Let us know a few days ahead of time if you want to use this service and we’ll make sure things are really clean for you each week.
Enjoy the wine on the table. It’s for you and is our thank you for selecting us.
Lastly, please leave us a recommendation on the AirBnB website if you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Our villa is very nice and you should be extra comfortable there. We really hope you will feel at home and therefore take care of the villa as if it were your own house. We rely on your honesty and responsibility, as it is your home now!
1) Make sure you lock all windows, doors and the front door whenever you leave the house, as well as the gate of the plot, like overnight. We just want to make sure no one can get into the house and take anything of yours or ours when you’re not at home.
2) Please make sure the air conditioning, tv, lights and water are turned off each time you leave the apartment. We want to be a green location, so we need your help in making sure that energy and water is being used wisely. Also, please try to make sure the washing machine is completely filled if you need to use it.
3) Please leave the bath towels in the apartment and do not use them as beach towels. If you need beach towels or supplies like beach umbrellas or chairs, many local stores have them for sale. However, please leave the actual bath towels that we have provided for you in the apartment.
4) Tourist maps or information brochures that we’ve left on the table can be taken, but please leave the books that are on the shelves in the house.
5) Please make sure to keep all opened food in the fridge. As we're sure you feel the same, none of us want any ants or bugs being tempted by food you might leave out when you're not there.
6) Please think of the apartment as you would your own home. This means making sure you leave furniture and objects in the same condition you found them when you got here. Thanks.
7) Please, only paying guests in the apartment. We ask that you not have other people staying in the apartment, have no big parties and consider your noise level at all times. Thank you.
8) If you lose the set of keys we give you, there is a 30€ charge to replace them. These things do happen, so we'll try to get a new set to you right away, but the cost and time means we do need to charge you for it.
9) Smoking is only allowed outside the house. Pets are not allowed.
10) By booking with us, it is expected that you have read and accepted these rules.
I love travelling! I love to get to know new cultures and people around the world!
When I am travelling, I am respectful with people and sites because I thing it’s the only way to enjoy.
When I am not working or travelling, I like reading, going to the cinema or meeting my friends to talk or having lunch together. Weekends I enjoy hiking in the countryside.