Beautifully furnished, spacious apartment in the heart of Athens. From here you can explore all the wonders of the ancient world and the birthplace of democracy, the cradle of civilisation. A bus route which goes direct to Athens city centre, is only 3 minutes walking distance away. Bus goes directly to Syntagma Square taking 15 minutes.
A street market is held every Thursday morning and takes place just 2 streets away. You will find all your fresh vegetables, fruits and fish. There are also plenty of traditional Greek tavernas with exceptional food, a super market, pharmacy, and shops that are only 100m away from the apartment.
The Attica Region
Greece is best known for its reputation as the Cradle of Western Civilisation and Athens was at the very heart of this. Nowadays it is best known as a bustling metropolis, with the larger city being the 8th largest in the EU. It certainly owes a lot to its heritage, with the most famous of all being the Parthenon on the Acropolis, widely considered a key landmark of early Western civilization.
Athens enjoys a typically Mediterranean climate, which means it has several very hot months from May through to September, and the winters are usually mild.
The Athens area
The main place of interest for the visitor to Athens are certainly the Parthenon, though this is by no means the only site worth a visit. Others include;
* Syntagma Square (Constitution Square) is in central Athens and close to the Greek Parliament and other 19th century public buildings. The National Garden behind Parliament, is an oasis for the city-centre. Constitution Square is a tourist starting-point for the city, at the centre of an area where most of its famous ancient monuments are to be found, all within a radius of 2 km (1 mi).
*Kallimarmaro Stadium, the space where the first modern Olympic Games took place in 1896. It is a replica of the ancient Athenian stadium, and the only major stadium (in its capacity of 60,000) to be made entirely of white marble from Mount Penteli, the same material used for construction of the Parthenon.
* Athens is built around a number of hills. Lycabettus is one of the tallest hills of the city proper and according to ancient legend is actually a boulder thrown down from the sky by Athena. Located in the city centre, it offers great views of sprawling Athens below. At the top is St. George's church.
Smoking is ONLY allowed in the kitchen during winter time and at the veranda in Summer.
- No waste must be thrown down the toilet (this is a rule all around Greece). You have to use the special bin instead.
- We like pets but unfortunately not in our apartment.
- Please keep in mind that there are "quiet" hours set by law that need to be respected. Those are for afternoon rest from 14:30 to 17:30 and for evening rest from 23:00 to 07:00.
- Nice people are expected. No tolerance for noisy and disrespectful guests.
- Key Security Deposit (30€) refundable with return of keys.
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.