PICO DE REGALADOS – VILA VERDE BRAGA - Portugal
The “Casa das Hortenses”, little property in Minho, a portuguese northern region, is located in the parish of S. Paio de Pico de Regalados, municipality of Vila Verde, a privileged place by Nature. It’s very near from Rivers Homem and Cavado, just a few kilometeres away from their beautiful river-sides, fishing grounds, water mills and fluvial beaches. And only 16 kms away from Braga. You also have the Airport of Porto, 60 Kms (45 km on higway) away where you can arrive to and rent a car.
The Municipality of Vila Verde is the most picturesque from all over Minho. The people knows how to welcome as nobody else, preserving traditions that in old times were part of their daily life. They live and share popular festivals, markets and pilgrimages with intensity, but landscape is also an important touristic attraction, side by side with the very rich and refined gastronomy.
The “Sweethearts Scarfs” handmade embroidered, are typical from Vila Verde. They reproduce old love sentences of deep passions. Not so long ago, one of these kind of scarves were the first proof of love from the girl to her beloved.
Traditions for you to live.
Places fo interest near “ Casa das Hortenses”:
- Vila Verde - 2 Km
- Termas de Caldelas (Baths) – 8 Km
- Braga - 16 Km
- Sanctuary of Sameiro / Bom Jesus - 19 Km (beautiful views over Braga and landscape
- Fluvial Beaches - 3 km
- Caldelas Baths – 8 Km
- Sanctuary of Our Lady from Alivio - 4.5 Km
- Karting Vasco Sameiro - 9 Km
- Green Golf of Ponte de Lima - 17 Km
- Ponte de Lima - 19 Km (a very beautiful and typical village)
- Caniçada Barrage - 25 Km (National Park of Peneda Gerês), to where you can take your boat or rent it, water ski practising, canoe or even 4x4 Off Road, see wild horses and other wild animal almost extinguished, without forgetting the marvellous and energetic walks.
- Barcelos – 35 / 40 Km (with its typical and very known every Thursday Market)
- Ponte da Barca, Arcos de Valdevez, Guimarães, Viana do Castelo, Moledo and Caminha, Vila Nova de Cerveira, Monção, Valença, Póvoa de Varzim, beautiful beach Ofir and Spain, Galicia so close, as Santiago de Compostela and Rias Baixas..
To visit Museums, Churches and Markets with real Handicrafts, lots of alternatives.
Or as I said before why do’nt you take profit of the short distance and go to Galicia in Spain: La Guardia, Vigo, Pontevedra, Sanxenxo, La Toja and Santiago de Compostela? To eat the good fish and shellfish from Galicia.
On this nice Casa das Hortenses, the pleasure of resting and reading, may be associated with the variety of cultural and open air activities. Besides its previleged localization, near from Highway Lisboa – Valença, only 17 Km, you will find a cosy atmosphere. Take advantage of the peaceful energy of Nature. Lots of cultural and amusing activities are at your orders, only for you to know the potential of Minho and Lindoso Mountain and National Park of Peneda- Gerês. So many reasons , to find Casa das Hortenses an original and innovative place, with all the facilieties your rest demands. The only difficulty is… To go back home.
Enjoy our suggestions, go for a walk and have a very pleasant stay at Casa das Hortenses, no matter the season.
Among the gastronomic specialities from Minho and the several good restaurants we suggest the Regala(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)), in the same village, the Encanada ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)) or the Carvalheira ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)), both in Ponte de Lima, the Torres ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)) in Sabariz (3 Km from our place), the Sevilhana ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)) or the Petúnia both in Vila Verde, or Abocanhado in Brufe, Terras de Bouro ((PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)) and so many, you can try such as :
• Codfish with maize bread (super exquisit)
• Fish Fillets with Sprout Rice
• Roast Pork with chestnut
• Beans on the portuguese way
• Chicken with Rice (Cabidela – a very exquisit dish)
• Papas de Sarrabulho with Rojões – Pork
• Veal Cutlets
• Pudinng Abade de Priscos, etc., etc. etc.
The Casa das Hortenses has 5 Bedrooms:
• 2 Double Bedrooms (1 en Suîte with Bath, another with Toilet and Shower, on the low floor)
• 3 Rooms (on the first floor, sharing the same Toilet with Shower ) Two of them have 2 single beds each one)
The Casa das Hortenses has a Living-Room with fireplace and bar and playing cards zone, Dinning-Room, Satélite TV, Table Tenis, Kitchen with large Table for Breakfast Micro-waves, Hoven, Refrigerator, Electrical Coffee machine, Minor (Beater), Dishes Washing Machine, Iron, Central heating, Garden, Porch with a magnificent view towards Sameiro Mountain and Gerês, garage and parking. The house is furnished with bed-clothes, towels , table-clothes, dishes, glasses and kitchen material.
Prices / Day – 200 Euros on High Season and 175 Euros all over the year
• A High Season - New Years Week, Carniva Weekl, Easter and from 15 June to 15 September.
We maybe can provide Breakfast Service and Daily Cleaning (Price to settle, dipending the number of persons and number of rented days)
Hope you are fill with enthusiasm about our suggestions and feel like take a few days on this charming village, Pico de Regalados.
Hope hearing from you . (+(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or (EMAIL HIDDEN)
Note: Please take a view to the attachments where you can find some interior photos of the house as well as the central localization of Pico de Regalados.
Somos um Casal Activo apesar de Reformados. Mantemos algumas actividades, nomeadamente voluntariado. Somos Peregrinos de Fatima, Santiago e Nuestra Señora del Rocio. Adoramos praia. Tomar banhos de sol e nadar no Mediterrâneo (por Marbella e por Ibiza) e viajar até à Galiza. Passar dias no Minho. Ler Romances historicos, ouvir tangos ou chill-out sao os nossos momentos de tranquilidade. Dançar e rir são os nossos momentos de pura alegria. Adoramos boa comida mediterrânica e conversar. Conhecer novas pessoas e culturas ancestrais. AMAR.
Lemas de vida: o Possivel é o suficiente e o suficiente é o possível. Que ninguém passe na nossa vida sem ficar melhor e mais feliz. Viver a vida com coragem e olhando o futuro. Enfocar em soluções com criatividade. As dificuldades são desafios para mudar para melhor.
Gostamos de receber e proporcionar um bom acolhimento a quem fica alojado nas nossas casas. Para que volte e indique a nossa casa aos seus amigos. Gostamos de fazer amigos e conhecer novas pessoas. Assim, estamos sempre a aprender algo e a crescer enquanto pessoas.