An original Tasmanian fishing shack, my lovely home features stunning views directly overlooking Little Norfolk Bay, 3 bedrooms, and a wood fire. Just 10 mins to Port Arthur, and 45 mins from the airport, my home has super fast WIFI, local artwork from Australian artists, and many good vibes! Pack some fire wood and a bottle of red, and get ready to explore the South East.
Welcome to my shack. Within an hour drive of Hobart, the house is the perfect weekend getaway. It is an old house with plenty of charm and decorated with love. If you want 5 star, this is not it! The shack has lots of natural light, is beautifully decorated and tidy. It can get cold in the winter, but we have a wood fire, heater and plenty of blankets. There are 3 bedrooms; 2 very comfy double beds and one sofa bed (a king single or small double) for extra guests, plus with a large desk, with fast WIFI.
The whole house (3 bedrooms), large open plan lounge/kitchen area, sunroom, the deck with the view, and a lovely fireplace for the winter. **Please note the back door and back garden is off limits for now while we renovate it.**
Interaction with guests
I'm available via Airbnb messenger, and split my time between living with my partner in neighbouring Eaglehawk Neck and travelling to Europe for work.
Other things to note
It's a great getaway to escape the city - but be warned, there are limited shops and petrol down here. Sorell is the last big town, so grab some groceries, and some red wine to have by the fire, also fill up with petrol! On the drive here, you can find fresh cherries, oysters, fish and fresh cray rolls, yum.
Peninsula food shops; Nubenna, Eaglehawk Neck, Port Arthur, Premaydena.
Peninsula petrol stations; Forcett, Dunalley, Murdunna, Nubenna.
If you get here after 5.30pm, and the shops are shut, Pirates Bay has a great Fish and Chips shop at the end of Blowhole Rd, Eaglehawk Neck, which operates Sept - May and closes around sunset each day. Failing that, there is a very 80's hotel pub called the Lufra which is generally ok (and great if you're starving)! If you need coffee there's a great coffee van at Pirates Bay Lookout, check out @cubedespresso on (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) (a lot of the shops are seasonal here), or 9am-8pm at the Lavender Farm (all year around), both a ten minute drive away. Enjoy!
Please note, we don't have:
- a washing machine (clean linen on beds and 1x towel per guest always provided)
- a TV
- a microwave
- a dishwasher
- a BBQ
- firewood and firelights - please grab some in town
- shower items - please bring your own
- a cot for babies
- all linen
- 1x towel for each guest
- a hairdryer
- a ridiculously lovely view
- tea and coffee (please bring your own milk), oil, salt and pepper
- toilet paper (3 rolls), washing-up liquid and cloths, hand soap, bin bags, bug spray
*Please start your message with HEY FRANKIE so I know you've read this!*
- Respect the space, kick back and relax!
- Please note the back door & back garden are off limits
- Please conserve water (house is on tank water)
- Smokers please only smoke at front of house and dispose of butts carefully (high fire risk)
- Please do not wear shoes indoors (bring slippers if you can!)
- Do not light any fires outside - fires are only permitted indoors within the designated fireplace. Use of candles is not permitted.
- Suitable for all children, however please note the house has not be made child safe, so safety of your child is your own responsibility.
- Please read my profile all the way through - there's instructions at the bottom!
Hi, my name is Frankie! Two years ago I decided to base myself out of beautiful Tasmania and bought a little shack by the water. I'm fortunate enough to call myself a professional adventurer, graphic designer and entrepreneur. For the last five years, I've been traveling the globe inspiring young adults to pursue their dreams within the design industry and beyond, through my company The Design Kids. Currently on a six year roadtrip for work - in 2017 I will be expanding TDK into Europe and based there. So come stay in my little shack in Tasmania, or I'd love to stay with you in Europe!