A place where you go for a holiday but yet feel as if your at home, with the beautiful Mount Lavinia beach only 40 meters away, we make sure you have the perfect holiday experience
WITH FULLY AIR CONDITION TO THE WHOLE HOUSE, THE CHARGES WILL BE $68 PER DAY.
WITH FANS TO THE WHOLE HOUSE, THE CHARGES WILL BE $48 PER DAY.
Anything the guests require anytime, we make sure we provide it, to make the stay a perfect one !
About The Home Away From Home
1. Fully furnished open space apartment with modern facilities including A/C and Fans to the whole apartment , parking , Internet & cable TV. 40 METERS TO MOUNT LAVINIA BEACH.
2. A roof top garden available for dinning and relaxation.
3. Accommodation for 5 persons.
4. Change of linen every three days.
5. Up keep and cleaning every three days.
6. If you feel like cooking your own food, the kitchen and pantry has all the modern facilities.
7. New bed sheets and towels every three days and when requested by a guest as well
8.Security available through out the day
9. Power and water back up available through out the day..
10.Transport available through out the day.
11. Pickup and Drop hires to the airport available.
12.Tours around the Island can be organized.
1. Cable TV
2. High speed wireless Internet
3. Air conditioning
6. Free Parking
8. Wireless Intercom
9.Power, Water back up
10. All cooking and washing facilities available
A little something about where " A Beach Home, Away From Home " is situated -Mount Lavinia
1. When Sri Lanka (then Ceylon) was under British rule, the governor in charge during the period of 1805-11 was Sir Thomas Maitland.
2. He had acquired land at "Galkissa" (Mount Lavinia) and decided to construct a personal residence there.
3. During this time, legend has it that he fell in love with a dancing girl named Lovina who had been born to Portuguese and Sinhalese parents.
4. During construction, the governor arranged to build a secret tunnel between Lovina 's house which was located nearby, one end inside her house and the other inside his wine cellar, so that the lovers could meet in secret.
5. However, Sir Thomas Maitland left Ceylon in 1811 and settled in Malta, where he died a bachelor.
6. Some time in 1920 the tunnel was sealed up and the Gypsy village that surrounded the mansion was developed into a modern bustling city. Later, the city of "Galkissa" was renamed "Mount Lavinia", keeping her name alive.
Interaction with guests
When ever the guests require anything, me and my family are always available with just one click of a personal bell which we provide for guests at the time of arrival. When ever the guests require anything at anytime , we are always available to make sure the guests feel at home and are comfortable.
Please dont forget to lock the door when leaving the apartment for safety reasons.
Please register a passport or any type of id copy with the doorman or myself.
The Beach home away from home is All yours to enjoy and please take good care of it as if it was yours
For any requirements the doorman is available, he will arrange for transport and himself get you anything if required.