Three room suite 50m2 in enchanting tranquil organic food forest garden. Your own access, bedroom with queen bed, kitchenette/dining, lounge/study & bathroom. One acre property with productive, pretty, perfumed Permaculture. Suite not visible from the road. 2.3km to CBD, 4 min bike ride to beach via Nat Park. 150m to cool cafe/restaurant & yoga centre. Deep views to nature reserve. Enjoy starry night skies from your bed with no visible lights. Suitable for one guest or a couple only.
• We accept bookings only for yourself(ves), not a third party, as per Airbnb guidelines.
• At the time of enquiry, please tell us your professional background; also of any travelling companion. This is so we can look forward to meeting you.
• Please note this suite is for either a couple or a single person, i.e., neither day-time nor night-time guests, neither indoors nor on the one acre property. Our property remains private in Byron Bay's over-heated social landscape.
• We don't use toxic substances in the Organic Urban Park or inside the dwellings. We control indoor pests simply with a vacuum cleaner.
• We can provide early Check In and late Check Out, dependent on other bookings at the time.
When you apply, please conclude with "Give Peas a Chance". Then we'll know that you've read down to here!
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 1 review for other properties.View other reviews
Jude and Michel have lived and gardened in Byron Bay since 1991, and been in the area since 1977. As the founders of the national Seed Savers' Network (1986) in Australia, they have obsessively searched for sub tropical food plants and rare ethno-botanicals. Their current 18 year old one acre organic garden right in Byron Bay is a testimony to this passion; it has been profusely covered in the media. Their three books, one the best-selling "The Seed Savers' Handbook", their two film documentaries and their Youtube channel (over 3m views) are their legacy, with translations and voice-overs in nine languages (French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Italian, Bulgarian, and Basque so far). They frequently travel. In between they behave like urban peasants and are passionately making perfume from their garden flora.
Jude and Michel are interested in folk who have done something different in life, something green and creative, or want to. They have had an international spread of interns who have gone on to seed indigenous and peasant biodiversity network projects in communities, regions and nations.