Can Tallada (max 30 pers) with her architectural gardens is surrounded with a brick wall so lots of privacy. This inspiring place is situated in the charming old Catalan village Bordils and perfect for families, (sports)friends and business groups.
The estate is divided into two separate houses and one studio. The former mother house (18 pers) is a monumental building from 1896 and consists 3 floors. On the ground floor, you can find the spacious kitchen/living room (10m by 5m), where residents can enjoy their meals during the day. French windows will lead you to the outside gallery and hearth. Our guests love to have their breakfast here, because of the magnificent view of the garden.
The central hall leads to the library, where you can enjoy a good book in peace and quiet at the hearth. The stone stairwell takes you to the first floor, where the living rooms of the Tallada family used to be. That is why this floor is the most decorated one, with beautiful ceilings and Art Nouveaux floors. Centrally situated, you can find a spacious room, that connects the 4 bedrooms, each having their own bathroom. On this floor, there is an outside gallery with a view of the garden and the neighborhood.
On the second floor, there is another central room, connecting 2 bedrooms and two family rooms (3-4 persons), each having their own bathroom. The two family rooms each have their own bathroom in the turrets on the upper balcony. This terrace offers you a magnificent view of the snowy mountain peaks of the Pyrenees.
The former servant house (8 pers) has its own kitchen, living room and 4 double bedrooms, 3 toilets and 3 bathrooms.
The studio (2+1 pers) is one open space with a kitchen, king size double bed and bath room. It has bed sofa for one more guest.
The end of 2014 we will have a special multi functional space in the pool house for all kinds of clinics and workshops like yoga or training programs.
All our guests have excess to the private parking, gardens, big swimming pool 6 x 12 m2 with and the multi functional pool house.
Interaction with guests
The housekeeper, Jordi, or I will personally check you in and out. Sometimes I stay in the separate garden suite. You are always welcome to ask me or Jordi for tips.
Other things to note
Bordils is a peaceful village, so the house is not suitable for big party's or sound systems.
These rules have been compiled in order to make your stay here as pleasant as can be. We ask you to respect these rules and the property as such.
1. Check-in time is 18 o’clock (until 23h) in the afternoon. Check-out is at 12 o'clock.
2. Please make no noise and keep in mind that our neighbours appreciate the quiet and calm nature of this village. At night after 24.00 hours no more noise. Using a sound system outside of the house is absolutely out of the question. If the neighbours call the police (and they will): a visit of the police costs € 750
3. Would you be so kind as to secure the doors and windows? The wind here rises unexpectedly and may cause glass damage.
4. Please do not move the furniture around, this may cause unnecessary damage and the administrator may charge for having to put the furniture back in its place again.
5. Do not throw objects, food leftovers into the toilets, bathtubs, sinks or other parts of the drainage system.
6. Mind you don’t make the fires too high and that you use dry wood. You can buy the right firewood here for €3,- (small basket).
7. Show respect for the garden. Don’t start any fires outside of the therefor destined places.
8. After using the towels (only the collared towels) at the pool house, please be so kind to take them to the house.
9. Please close the gate after entering or leaving the house.
10. Using the washing machine is € 7,50 for 1 machine wash (bring your own soap). Ask the manager in front when you want to wash.
11. We ask you kindly to report any damage immediately, so we can try to bring it in order. The costs of the damage will be reduced of the deposit you paid the day of the arrival, also the extra costs if the house and the outside area are not as clean as the day of the arrival. The extra cleaning costs are € 10,- a person.
Mijn naam is Marieke, ik ben 55 jaar en (groot)moeder van 2 kinderen en 1 kleinzoon. Hoewel het reizen soms wel vermoeiend is voel ik me toch zeer bevoorrecht om in deze 3 prachtige steden van Europa te wonen: Girona, Den Bosch (woonplaats in NL) en in Antwerpen bij mijn partner Tony. Can Tallada is qua woonplek mijn absolute favoriet. Noem het maar mijn passie. Vanaf de eerste aanblik in 2000 op de toen nog troosteloze ruine was het liefde op het eerste gezicht. Het was niet altijd gemakkelijk, maar wel een groot voorrecht om deze bijzondere plek in ere te herstellen en zelfs nog mooier te maken. We zijn daar met recht trots op. Deze passie en liefde voor het huis en haar prachtige omgeving deel ik graag met anderen.