The house is located in the heart of Athens. It was built in 1925 by our grandfather, architect Athanasios D., a student of Ziller, who installed there his office and his private residence.
It is a two floors independent house with a roof terrace, high ceilings, wooden floors and period furniture.
First floor (ground floor level). Entrance hall where four bicycles can be parked. A living room with a triple couch and a large library of greek interest books (history, literature, art, etc). Separate room with a desk, computer and a piano (needs tuning), air conditioning available. The two areas can be separated by simply opening or closing a dividing door. Small bathroom and shower available.
Second floor. (first floor level). Dining area accommodating four or five persons for breakfast or meal. Two double bedrooms each with its own sitting area, where you can rest, read or listen to music (hi fi equipment supplied). You can unify the sitting areas by opening the dividing door. Charmingly equipped small but functional kitchen. French and espresso coffee maker, toaster. You will also find plenty of seasonings for your cooking. All-marble bathroom with toilet and bathtub. Out of the kitchen stands a spiral iron staircase leading to the roof terrace, one floor up (probably not recommended for people suffering of heights). In the roof top you will discover a small garden of traditional greek herbs, plants and flowers. We also grow organic vegetables hydroponically; if you visit us at the right season, you will have the joy to taste them.
The house is perfectly located in a multicultural neighborhood with a lot of ethnic restaurants and shops.
All means of transport to visit the city are within walking distance.
Pharmacies, super markets, bakeries, barber shops, parking lots are all available within 1'-2' min walk.
Lots of movie theaters, music stages and theaters are located within walking distance.
Taxis available all night long.
Upon request I can pick you up from or drive you to the airport for a fare of 30 euros.
- 6' min. walk Larissis station (subway, railway connection to airport and sea-port, railway to Piraeus and Korinthos).
- 8' min. walk Victoria station (subway to Piraeus and Kiffisia).
- 8' min. walk Omonia square (subway).
- 1' - 6' min. walk buses and trolley-buses for all directions in Athens.
- 7' min. walk bus station for Sounio and other destinations outside of Athens.
- 10' min. by car or taxi for the bus station for destinations all over Greece.
- 6' min. walk to the National Archaeological Museum and Politechnic University of Athens (historic building).
- 5' min. walk to the Hellenic Automobile Museum.
- 6' min. walk to the Pedion Areos park.
- 12' min. walk to the central market of Athens on Athinas street (meat, fish and vegetables markets).
10'-20' min. walk to Metaxourgio, Keramikos and Gazi, the emerging cultural and night life areas of Athens.
- 13' min. walk Exarchia, the legendary avant-garde neighborhood of Athens, full of life, bars and restaurants, but also music and book stores, galleries and theaters.
- 15' min. walk to Monastiraki and Plaka.
- 20' min. walk to the Thission, leading to the Athenian Agora, to the pedestrian road to the Acropolis, the Herodes Atticus Odeum and the New Museum of the Acropolis.
As we mentioned, this is an old house with no central heating but two heating particulars and two air conditioners are provided.