This exquisite three storey has ocean views from every window being nestled on the hill just above Dover Beach & The Gap - Barbados' premier strip for beaches, restaurants & nightlife. It's centrally located, ideal for couples, families or groups and each room has AC & Wi-Fi.
- Beach towels are provided
- You're a 2 min drive to Dover Beach which is in 'The Gap' or a 10-15 min walk. It's a 10-15 min drive from the airport
- I highly recommend asking what tours/sites you'd like to see. I've seen/done them all and can tailor them to the type of stay/experience you're interested in having on the island. I aim to take you where the locals go, far from the tourist traps and overcrowded sites on the island.
- I highly recommend renting a car. The true charm of the island is that you can drive around and explore it vs other islands where you are in a hotel's walled-off facilities.
The house is 4,000 sq ft with two floors connected by a spiral staircase in the centre with ocean views greeting you from every window in the house. On the ground floor is an open plan living room and kitchen while the bedrooms are on the first floor.
The distance to the beach and the gap from this location are less than a mile each. This works out to either a minute drive or 10-15 min walk and can be confirmed via a Maps app by typing Graeme Hall Rd to Dover Beach or Graeme Hall Rd to The Gap.
And last but not least there's a rooftop terrace with panoramic views of the entire South Coast, from the Lighthouse in the east to The Hilton in Bridgetown.
The ground floor is a spacious open plan area with bright porcelain tiles and lots of natural lighting.
The living room has soft lighting, leather couches and a 60" Samsung flat screen complete with Apple TV for entertainment purposes. Guests are provided free access to Netflix for the duration of your stay.
The kitchen is fully equipped with new appliances which include a fridge, oven, microwave, toaster, electric kettle and dishwasher for your convenience.
If needed, the kitchen can be stocked with any food items or beverages required by you and your guests prior to your stay.
The entire upstairs has beautiful parquet porcelain tiled floors which gives the space a warm, relaxed feel that conveniently compliments the lovely views of both the sea and the island.
The first bedroom has a queen sized bed, bedside tables with lamps on either side along with a table at the front of the bed that can be used as storage.
The bathroom has a Palo De Rosa shower equipped with body shower jets. A double bed can be provided for larger groups.
The second bedroom is in fact a mirror image of the first bedroom and has one queen sized bed and one double bed along with bed side tables and a table at the front of the bed. The bathroom in the second bedroom happens to also be a mirror image of the master and also comes with its own Palo De Rosa shower equipped with body shower jets.
The terrace is currently a work in progress and while chairs are provided to enjoy the view it's not yet set up as a place to lounge
While it shows that I offer a washer and dryer in the house the truth is that because Barbados is a vacation destination 99% of my guests prefer to have their laundry done so this is done at no cost to you but Brenda, who has worked with us for more than 38 years, would appreciate a tip if you're happy with her service.
You will have the house to yourself to enjoy with your friends/family. To clarify, the house is 4,000 sq ft as mentioned above and it sits on a 15,000 sq ft plot of land which has another house of approximately the same size next door to it where I live.
This makes for a good Airbnb setup because your house has its own private access and driveway. So you have as much privacy as you want but if you happen to need anything I'm close enough to respond quickly.
Guests have full access to the house with the only exception being the basement
Interaction with guests
Whether I'm on or off the island I'm available to my guests 24/7 via messaging apps even if it's a late night text to see if someone is trying to take advantage of the fact that you're not from around here. For example charging you USD $30 for a plate of fish at Oistins instead of BBD $30 (it happens unfortunately)
Other things to note
I'm happy to book any tours you have in mind and/or give you suggestions at no extra charge so please feel free to ask any questions you may have.
1. Turn off all the ACs when leaving the house
2. Take off your shoes when you enter the house. You can wash your feet if they’re sandy using the tap that’s on the left when you come through the electronic gate
3. Turn off all the lights when leaving the house
4. Close all the windows when leaving the house
5. Save the turtles by closing the electronic gate every time you leave
6. There’s no smoking inside the house. You can smoke outside on the lawn or upstairs on the roof
7. Rinse the liquor and beer bottles out before putting them away in order to avoid pesky flies
8. Place all liquor bottles in the bottom cupboard marked 'B'. Place all beer bottles in the cases provided by the side door
9. Be respectful of our neighbours when you're on the roof by keeping your noise level to a minimum
10. Cover the chairs using the blue covers which can be found underneath each chair using the string.
Although I was born here on the island, I've had the benefit of traveling and experiencing many colourful cultures and customs of the world. I've always been blessed with warm welcomes when staying at other people's homes and I can only hope to return the same to my guests.
While both of my parents are from India I was born and raised in Barbados and did 4 years of college in Miami