About this listing
Bend of the River is an historic homestead on the Gold Coast in the Tallebudgera Valley, 5 minutes from the beach.
The 2018 Commonwealth Games Road Cycling Route runs directly past our front gates and we are 20 minutes from the Volleyball at Coolangatta, the Mountain Bike at Nerang and the main Sport stadiums at Robina and Carrara.
On a hill overlooking an orchard with beautiful river views, the house will relax and delight couples and families, offering peace and serenity.
Perched on a hilltop overlooking a picturesque bend in the Tallebudgera River, this classic "Queenslander" homestead sits amongst a rare fruit orchard, peacocks, geese, chooks and other bird life. Only 10 minutes from the beaches and 15 minutes to the Gold Coast Airport.
The fully self-contained home is ideal for a family holiday or romantic get-away for two. Complete with three bedrooms (1 king (or 2 king singles) 1 queen and 1 twin), each with French doors leading on to a wraparound verandah, it can accommodate up to six guests.
A large open-plan kitchen, living and dining area with sweeping views over the river, orchard and dam is the perfect place to relax and unwind. Two golf courses border the property on either side, where we will arrange discounted golf rates for our guests.
If you are interested in making sure your preferred dates are available, please email ahead and we will respond promptly and do our utmost to accommodate you.
VALENTiNES DAY SPECIAL: Treat your valentine to a romantic weekend away (13-15 February 2015) and enjoy a complimentary bottle of champagne and tapas plate upon arrival.
- Sleeps up to 6
- 3 bedrooms (with mosquito nets over all beds)
- 1 king bed (or 2 king singles) 1 queen bed and 2 single beds
- Open-plan living and dining area
- Cosy open wood-fuel fireplace
- Bathroom with spacious shower
- Two toilets (separate second toilet)
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Wrap-around verandah and expansive lawn for outdoor entertaining or cricket with the kids!
- Two digital TVs
- DVD player
- Free Wi Fi
Linen and Laundry:
- Linen and towels provided
- Ironing facilities
- Washing machine
- Overhead fans in most rooms
- 10 mins by car to Gold Coast beaches
- 15 mins to Gold Coast airport
- 15 mins to train to Brisbane airport (at Varsity Lakes)
- the Road Cycling runs straight past our front gates (Guineas Creek Rd)
- 20 minutes to the other 2018 Commonwealth Games venues
The fully self-contained home is ideal for a family holiday or romantic get-away for two. Complete with three bedrooms (1 splittable king bed ) 1 queen bed and 2 single beds), each with French doors leading on to a wraparound verandah, it can accommodate up to six guests.
A large open-plan kitchen, living and dining area with sweeping views over the river, orchard and dam is the perfect place to relax and unwind. Two golf courses border the property on either side.
If you are interested in making sure your preferred dates are available, please email ahead and we will respond promptly and do our utmost to accommodate you. Ask about our special golf accommodation packages too.
Interaction with guests
A caretaker and massage therapist live in separate cottages on the property (the driveway has shared access). They are happy to help with any enquiries regarding local attractions, shops, beaches, walks and other information.
Situated on 11 acres of farmland, the property is a sanctuary where you can unwind in tranquil surroundings.
Located just 15 minutes from Coolangatta airport and the beach, the property is close to award-winning cafes and restaurants, shopping centres and all the attractions associated with Queensland's legendary Gold Coast.
We are located directly on the 2018 Commonwealth Games Road Cycling Route and are no more that 20 minutes' drive from the other Games venues.
While you will feel a million miles from anywhere the property is conveniently situated just 10 minutes drive from the Gold Coast and its pristine beaches.
- 15 minutes drive from the Gold Coast airport (Taxi fare approx. $35)
- 5 minutes drive to large shopping complex
- 10 minutes drive to Burleigh Beach, Palm Beach and Currumbin Valley surf beaches
- 40 minutes drive to Seaworld, Dreamworld and Wet & Wild
- A private car is the best way to get around
- The farm is situated between two golf courses, Large parks with safe trails for children to cycle on are located within easy walking distance
- Bicycles can be rented from either Currumbin or Palm Beach
Other things to note
For the keen gardener, the property is home to an exotic tropical fruit orchard with always something in season: black sapotes (“chocolate pudding fruit”), jaboticabas, ketembillas, dragonfruit, yellow mangosteens , finger limes, blood oranges, pomellos and macadamias are just some of the exotic fruits grown on the property.
For golf lovers chose to play on one of the 3 golf
courses in the Valley, 2 of which are located just next to our property. Ask us about a special golf accommodation package.
Terms and Conditions of Temporary Holiday Accommodation at Bend of the River
“Booking” means the period for which you have paid to stay at the Property.
“Property” means Bend of the River, Guineas Creek Road, Elanora, Queensland and all its fixtures, fittings and equipment.
“Management” means the owners, managers and caretakers of the Property.
"Guests" means the persons who stay overnight in the Property during the Booking.
"Visitor" means a person a Guest permits to visit the Property during the Booking.
2. ACCEPTANCE & RESPONSIBILITY.
• Payment of the Deposit constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. CHECK IN/ OUT
• Check-in time is not before 2pm on the arrival date and check out time is not later than 10am on departure date.
• Late departure is subject to prior arrangement and availability and extra charges may apply.
• You must notify Management of expected arrival time and a mobile contact number at least 7 days before arrival.
• Check-in/check-out and key collection/return procedure will be as follows unless special arrangements have been made prior to arrival. Key collection will be organised by contacting Justy or the caretaker either by email, phone or text and organising the most convenient method of key collection.
4. MINIMUM NIGHTS’ STAY POLICY
• We have a minimum nights’ stay policy of 2 nights during normal periods, 3 night’s during long weekends and up to 5 nights during some school holiday periods. Please refer to the minimum nights’ stay requirement on the listing to ascertain the particular minimum nights’ stay that is applicable in relation to your preferred dates. No refund will be made for a variation to the extent that it breaches our minimum nights’ stay policy.
5. SECURITY BOND
• Any damage, loss or expense incurred by Management as a result of your breach of these Terms & Conditions will be charged against the bond. Examples of this include but are not limited to any breakage, damage or excess cleaning or garbage removal requirements, extra guests beyond those declared.
• If the Property becomes unavailable for your occupancy due to unforeseen circumstances (such as but not limited to fire, storm and damage) then Management will inform you immediately and endeavour to obtain suitable alternative accommodation for your occupancy; failing which any moneys paid will be refunded in full.
7. PARTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Parties and functions require prior approval at the time of Booking and special conditions (set out in our ‘Venue Hire for Events’ document) will apply including extra charges. Should you wish to book the Property for an event we will send you a copy of this document for your information and signature. In any event, guests remain responsible for persons attending, no disturbance of neighbours, no undue noise, silence when entering and leaving the premises, no behaviour likely to cause damage to property or offence or embarrassment to others, all noise to cease by 10.30pm and all guests not staying on the property must leave the property by 11pm. Breach of this condition may result in immediate termination and eviction without refund and extra charges for security, cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. In addition if the event is not completed by 11pm there will be an additional fee of $500 per hour charged for every hour or part thereof after 11pm that the event continues overtime. This money shall be deducted from the security bond.
8. LINEN AND TOWELS
• We supply linen, pillows, blankets and bath towels for the specified number of guests booked. These must be left where supplied in the bedrooms or bathroom on departure. Further linen and beach towels may be hired for a small extra weekly fee.
• As we have koalas and free-range birds on the Property, Pets are not allowed at the Property
10. YOUR OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
• You must comply with all applicable house rules and all instructions from Management and the caretakers of the Property concerning occupancy, property, health, safety and quiet enjoyment of the Property and our neighbours.
• You are responsible for damage, breakages, theft and loss of the Property and any part of it during your stay. You must notify us of this immediately. Management may recover from you repair or replacement cost (at Management's discretion)
• Only the guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the Property over night. If any other guests stay extra charges may apply or the agreement may be terminated without refund.
• Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination and eviction without refund and extra charges may be made for security and other expenses.
• Before departure, all food must be removed from fridges, all rubbish put in the appropriate council rubbish bins provided, and crockery and cutlery washed and packed away. The Property must be left in a clean and tidy condition.
• We include a one-off cleaning fee of $100 to clean the house at the end of your stay. Should you wish for further cleaning during your stay we can arrange this at an extra cost of $35 per hour.
Extra cleaning charges may be incurred for the cleaning of dirty dishes, washing machine, dishwasher, emptying the fridge, removal of excessive rubbish etc. Should the cleaning fee be more than the usual $100 cost for cleaning the property, you will be charged the additional costs over and above the normal cleaning fee which will be deducted from the security bond.
• All furniture and furnishings must be left in the position they were in when you arrived
• The property should be vacated on time and secured. All windows and doors are to be locked. All keys must be returned to Management or as otherwise directed.
• You are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys. Duplicate keys will be provided at an additional charge of $25 per key.
• Smoking is not permitted inside the House but is permitted outdoors
11. NO LIABILITY FOR LOSS AND DAMAGE
The Property is a working property with animals, domestic and native, and trees on it amongst other things. Whilst we will do our utmost to ensure your care, we accept no responsibility or liability for:
- any personal injury sustained to you, your guests, contractors or service providers whilst on or entering Bend of the River; howsoever sustained, or
- any loss or damage to any property belonging to you, your guests, your contractors or service providers, including to any hire equipment or motor vehicles, howsoever sustained.
12. TRAVEL INSURANCE
We recommend all guests purchase travel insurance since Management are not responsible for any injuries, illness or accidents that may occur whilst staying at the Property.
13. PROBLEMS OR COMPLAINTS
• In the case of any problem or complaint, you must inform Management at the earliest opportunity so Management has the chance to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible. You must allow repair/service access to the property during reasonable hours.
• Any complaint, which cannot be resolved locally, must be notified in writing to Management prior to departure from the Property.
• Failure to follow this procedure this may hinder the ability of Management to rectify the problem or complaint and reduce or extinguish any claim you may have.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
I'm a Sydneysider who now lives in Queensland. The farm has been our family holiday home for over 40 years. Every school holidays I eagerly looked forward to spending time here – waking to the birds, horseriding, swimming in the surf, bushwalking, collecting eggs, growing and cooking fresh vegetables. I have travelled and lived in Europe, Asia and South America.
I recently gave up my career as a Solicitor in Sydney to escape to the serenity of the farm and Tallebudgera area where I now look after the property and work as a remedial massage therapist.
I enjoy gardening and cooking (especially trialling new recipes using our exotic fruit – some of my recent successes have been yellow mangosteen cheesecake and black sapote tiramisu), teaching kids these skills and keeping a vegetable patch. I generally go to the local farmers markets of a weekend for the weekly shop and to catch up with the local producers.
I love welcoming people to the farm and hosting friends and guests.