Comfortable 2 bedroom Victorian cottage located within the Canterbury city walls and only 100 metres from the high street. Perfect for families with children, tourists looking to explore historic Canterbury city, students and their families visiting the nearby University of Kent or visitors enjoying The Marlowe theatre for a show, leisure or work which is within easy walking distance. We can offer parking vouchers at £5 per day on request to park on the same street as the cottage or close by.
- Comfortable 2 bedroom cottage with one king-size bedroom, one twin bedroom, and a sofa bed in the lounge.
- The cottage is ideal for families, business travellers and young group of friends.
- For those guests looking to travel to and from London, the cottage is approximately 10 minutes walk from Canterbury West train station, 10-15 minutes walk from Canterbury East train station and about 10 minutes walk up the high street to the National Express Canterbury coach stop. Local bus stops are close by.
- Free coffee, tea and sugar are available during your stay.
- A Nespresso capsule coffee machine with capsules, is available to enjoy for breakfast or any time during the day.
- Shower gel, shampoo, fresh professionally laundered and ironed bed linen and towels are provided for each guest during their stay.
- Cosy lounge with a wall mounted 32 inch Hitachi, WiFi connected Smart TV with Sky Cinema (free films!), Sky Entertainment and Netflix accessible.
- Extremely fast fibre broadband Wifi is available for all guests.
- Sofa bed for extra guests
- An easily connectable bluetooth music speaker is available for music lovers.
- Dining table with seating for up to 6 guests
- A quiet, brightly lit reading corner.
- Fully-equipped kitchen with microwave, kettle, toaster, hob, oven, washing machine and kitchen utensils.
- An iron and ironing board are available.
- Downstairs toilet next to kitchen with shower.
- Patio area at the rear next to kitchen.
- One king-size bedroom with wardrobe and bedside tables and lamps. Hair dryer also available.
- One en-suite bathroom with bath tub and hand held shower.
Full access to the entire property and outdoor area. Free, extremely fast fibre broadband Wifi throughout your stay.
For parking we can offer parking vouchers at £5 per day on request to park on the same street as the cottage or close by. The cottage is also close to the car park located at Canterbury West station. Please let us know before booking if you need assistance on where to park.
Interaction with guests
Before arrival, I will provide details on where to find the keys, explain a few things around the cottage and answer any questions you may have about the local area.
We can also provide maps of the city and you will find a guidebook at the property with our personal suggestions on what to do in Canterbury and where to eat/drink.
I will be available for any questions or issues you may have throughout your stay.
Other things to note
Please note the stairs that lead to the first floor can be a bit steep for the elderly or very young.
- Please note that this property is non-smoking environment, however you can smoke outside in the patio & garden
- Please leave the property as clean as you found it by washing your dishes, avoiding taking strong smelling food into the bedrooms and putting any rubbish in the bins provided.
- Please save energy by ensuring you turn the tv, lights and heaters off when you leave the property.
- Please refrain, for fire safety reasons, from deep-fat frying food, leaving the heaters on and smoking.