Spacious and comfortable private bedroom in a single family home in Dutchtown - includes full use of kitchen, dining and living room. The Eugene and Mary A. Miltenberger House, (circa 1854) is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Near I55 for fast access to anywhere within the city. Cherokee Antique Row, Missouri Botanical Garden, and Bevo Mill within 3 miles. Only 4.5 miles from the Gateway Arch.
Can accommodate up to 6 people upon request. Please see details below.
• I live with a beautiful cat named Gray. He may be wary at first, but is very friendly. He is not allowed in the guest room, so guaranteed, the room will be free of cat hairs.
• The room is furnished with a queen size bed, with allergen casing, fresh sheets and towels.
• Shared spaces include the bathroom, kitchen, dining and living room. Please note that there is no AC in the bathroom but there is a personal fan available should it feel warm.
• Feel free to use the refrigerator and stove for meals if necessary.
• Basic amenities such as cooking oil, garlic, butter, milk, soy, salt and pepper available for cooking with.
• On-street parking as well as parking bay at rear of the house.
• Free wireless internet available throughout the house.
• Smoking is permitted on the front porch.
• Netflix and Hulu available.
• There is a fire station close by so there may be occasional sirens. Once a month, a tornado siren test.
No ramp or elevator, so not handicapped accessible unfortunately. But will do all to help with access should there be interest.
Interaction with guests
I work from home so can be available as much or as little as needed. I enjoy meeting new people, but can also provide space if required.
Other things to note
Upon special request, I can accommodate up to 6 people for an upgraded price of $30 per person. Two rooms with queen size bed and a double air mattress can be inflated in the living room. Please note there is only one bathroom on the property.
The only places out of bounds is the upper porch and the sun porch located at the rear of the building. They are still currently under renovation.
Heat. There is central AC on the first floor (kitchen, dining and living room). The second floor has window units in the bedrooms but no AC in the hallway and exhibition room. When outside temperatures reach over 100°f there is a notable difference in temperature when going upstairs and can feel overly warm.
I am originally from the UK but have settled in St Louis. I live with my cat, Gray. I am a self employed Graphic/Web Designer and 3D content modeler and artist. I also make music and enjoy photography, cooking, gardening, woodwork and renovations.