If convenient to downtown Harrisburg with lots of private space is what you need, look no further! The entire 2nd flr with 2 bedrooms and a full bath plus the first flr living room is all yours! Or for the weary travelers that need a quick place to stay for the night, home is just 1 mi off I-83! Super convenient!
A great location that's just 20 mins to Hershey or Carlisle and 40 mins to Gettysburg. Located in a quiet, friendly and super-safe neighborhood with plenty of nearby restaurants.
The living room and the entire second floor are private for your use with a dedicated guest-only entrance (front door). The second floor is guest-only with two bedrooms and a private bath. One bedroom is available for 1-2 guests, both bedrooms are available for 2-4 guests.
The first bedroom is a nice size (10x14) with a queen bed, super soft micro-fiber sheets, plenty of pillows and a small work space. The bedroom has a remote-controlled ceiling fan, flat screen smart TV with HBO and Showtime (and Netflix if you have an account), a mini-fridge with drinks, in-room K-cup coffee maker with coffee & tea, snack assortment and even instant oatmeal if you want to have something quick before you head out. The bedroom is equipped with an iron and ironing board and a small fan for those that like 'white noise' to sleep (all located in the bedroom closet).
The second bedroom is a little smaller (10x12), but just as super comfy with a queen bed with super soft sheets, 2" memory foam mattress cover and plenty of pillows. A nice snack assortment is provided and the room has a ceiling fan for a cool and pleasant night's sleep. Please note that there is no TV, coffee maker or mini-fridge in this room.
Both bedrooms have extra pillows and blankets in their respective closets. The second floor hall has a full-length mirror.
Your private bathroom, which is also located on the second floor (outside of the bedrooms - not en suite), is small but will surely have anything you might need or have forgotten. It's stocked with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, razors, shaving cream, hair dryer (and more!) along with plenty of fresh, clean, soft towels and washcloths.
On the first/main floor you will find your guest-only living room with plenty of seating on the large sectional sofa to sit back, relax and watch TV. Again, premium channels include HBO, Showtime and Netflix (if you have a Netflix account).
Please note: I do not rent any of the space to separate guests/groups. I only rent to one guest or group at a time. The space is private for you/your group only. You would only be sharing the space with others that you book in YOUR group.
The kitchen, family room and master bedroom (which are all located on the first floor in the back part of the house) are for homeowner use only. (If you book a longer stay and require kitchen use, please let me know when booking and I'm sure I can accommodate that).
Long term rental is possible. Please message me to discuss if you are in need of this option.
The whole second floor is private and for your use. The second bedroom is only to be used if 2 or more guests book and require separate sleeping accommodations. The living room is for your private use as well. Dining room is a shared space, if needed.
Interaction with guests
I'm always available 24/7. If I am home when a guest arrives, I do like to meet guests and introduce myself, but after that I completely respect the guest's privacy and do not enter the guest's private space (living room and second floor) until after departure. I'm always open to interaction, but I prefer to leave that up to the guest(s).
Other things to note
I do have two small, non-shedding dogs and I make sure that they respect you and your space. They are never permitted in the living room or on the second floor, even when the space is vacant.
Guest(s) can feel free to park in the driveway. If 2 or more guests are booked and will be arriving in more than one vehicle, please let me know in advance of your arrival so we can coordinate the parking arrangements. Please note that the local township does not permit parking across the street from my home at any time.
If you book for 2 guests it's assumed that you will be sharing a room. If your guest requires separate sleeping accommodations, just let me know in advance so that I can prepare the second bedroom. Thanks!
- Smoking is ok, but outside only. Smoking is not permitted in the home at any time. No exceptions.
- Please respect quiet time at 9pm Sun-Thu and 11pm Fri/Sat.
- For the comfort of my dogs, no pets are permitted (Sorry... my dogs are rescue animals and other pets stress them out)
- Please no visitors. Only the renter(s) are permitted in/on the property. (A quick pick up, etc. is ok)
- If you book for 2 guests, I assume you will be sharing a room. If your guest requires separate sleeping accommodations, please let me know when you book so that I can prepare the second bedroom.
- Only the bedrooms are bedrooms. Please no overnight sleeping in the living room.
- No eating meals in the bedrooms. Snacks/munchies are ok. Please make use of the shared dining room for meals.
- No drugs of any kind. Alcohol is ok.
- The front door is for your use (I use the side door). For your safety and mine, (this is VERY important) you MUST lock the deadbolt when you are in for the evening. For your privacy, I do not enter any of the "guest space" when you are here, so I won't check the door.
- We all understand that accidents happen but please let me know if anything breaks, spills, stains, etc. so that I can remedy the situation before the next guest arrives.
- Please let me know your approximate arrival time at least 24 hours before you arrive. I enjoy meeting guests! Also, please provide updates if your arrival time will be much earlier/later than expected.
- Kitchen is available for use for extended stays. Please let me know, in advance, if you will need use of the kitchen.
Ok, enough of those boring ol' rules... let's get to booking! Haha!