Located on classic unmade road on Blairgowrie's scenic back beach, this beautiful 70's period beach house is a true hideaway spot for the whole family. You'll feel right at home in this cosy house set on a huge ti-treed 17000 square foot block, just 4-5 mins walk to the back beach beach and the peninsula Coastal walk. 15 Mins walk to front beach and Blairgowrie shops.
The house is set back from the road and has a private drive and an open front lawn. Cars can be parked there. One can use the car-port.
The living details (please see notes in relation to what is supplied in the house)
- The house has 4 bedrooms. Polished boards throughout, tiles wet areas. The master with queen size bed and BIR. The second bedroom with queen size bed, private access to a small bathroom - toilet and shower. This area can be closed off from the balance of the house. The Bunk room is a large room with 2 x bunk beds, (1 with double bottom mattress), the other traditional are singles. The spare - walk-through-bedroom has 1 x single bed and a TV and DVD player - a great space to set up the children.
- The house has a total of 2 bathrooms and a separate toilet off the laundry. The main with bath and separate shower and the second above. . Bathrooms are quite dated but just upgraded with new instant hot water service and water pressure (this is a beach house).
- The kitchen has everything you need to cook , electric oven and hot plate and barbeque on back verandah. microwave, fridge with separate freezer, cooking utensils, cutlery, crockery, etc. There is even a dishwasher.
The house is a 70's period home with some wonderful furnishings to match. The main family room has a retro couchs, along with a LCD TV & DVD player. The separate eating area has the original laminex table and chairs for 6 - or a few more...
The decked outdoor living area has a large outdoor setting which seats 6-8, BBQ and enormous back yard.
The property is 5 minutes walk to Blairgowrie's back beach, including the famous "blow hole" rock pools, and scenic coastal walking tracks. Located a few mins drive or 15 min walk from Blairgowrie front beach shops.... there is a supermarket, cafes, liquor store and fish & chip shop.
This is truly a phenomenal home away from home, and you'll find yourself utterly relaxed and recharged after just a short stay.
Some Tips to avoid disappointment - Please read.
1. This is a classic 70's beach house. Some of the furnishings are from that period, and definitely has a retro feel. It has been modestly updated to have a few modern comforts - eg, washing machine, dishwasher, (no dryer,) new smallish fridge with freezer, and still has the hills hoist in the backyard.
2. There is currently no air conditioning, but each window opens wide with fly-wire on all to capture the beach breeze. Even in the peak of summer, this has not been an issue to us, given the close proximity to the ocean and constant cool sea breeze.
3. The house can sleep 10, but comfortably 6 adults in separate rooms. It is suitable for 2 x families including children.
4. Guests should provide all their own linen, towels and doonas. Each bed has matress protector, pillows and some bedding is supplied. There are a few extra doonas and bedding around.
5. Heating is by way of wood fired coonara heater, and the odd dimplex oil heater in each room.
6. The kitchen is original 70's, with laminated kitchen table and chairs to match. Whilst some of the crockery has been updated, we have retained much of the original contents of the house on purpose. This includes some of the original wallpaper in one room and in the toilet.
7. The bathrooms are dated but functional, the house is a modest easy-care old beach house for easy no-fuss living. Most of the time is usually spent on the back deck.... we and our frinds find the house quaint and absolutely enjoyable. If you have any questions, queries or potential concerns with any of this, please raise them with me before booking.