Just to clarify a few things,
1. berawa is beautiful, and one of the safest areas in Canggu. But I’m assuming it’s your first time in Bali? Maybe too much of a culture shock? Next time I suggest to go to the More touristy spots. Legian, Kuta etc.
definitely not for safety but you can avoid the whole cultural experience over that way.
2. aircon in master is a larger unit to accomodate for the interconnected 3rd room. Works perfectly fine for both rooms.
3. Ants. They’re seasonal, and they’re in every fancy hotel/villa in Bali. We even have them in Byron bay after the rain.. They’re harmless.
4. The neighbours dog is still a puppy and gets excited but again, he’s harmless. Never seen a rat though, that’s new! But again, it’s bali and we live next to a rice field?
5. It’s our home for half the year, not a hotel. We keep most of our things there, that’s standard for most Airbnb’s we stay in also. Remember though, we have two housekeepers who would have been happy to move anything around for you. Just ask.
6. If you wanted privacy, you could have always asked them to take the day off! Or the week!! They would have loved it!! But we love having the girls there, they’re a great help and the kids love them! So it’s a personal preference. But either option is available. And a little gratitude wouldn’t have gone astray. Particularly after they drove 40 mins to unlock the villa for you at midnight after you lost our keys.
6.toilet is only leaking fresh water, as we are waiting for a part, for the plumber to fix it, apologies for this! But again, a standard problem throughout all Bali accom.
And finally.. the massages? Not sure what service you used, we’ve never recommended anyone for this, as we don’t actually offer ‘villa massages’. we normally have our favourite places but it’s all in the guide which you read! Definitely stick to the guide next time! But good on you for branching out!