Located in a tranquil village surrounded by unspoiled rolling countryside, this tastefully decorated self-contained apartment, ideal for two people, is set in 3,000 square meters of well-maintained private garden with fruit trees and swimming pool. 7 km from bastide town Castillonnès and 32 km from Bergerac Airport, it's a great place to stay to explore the surrounding areas.
-1st floor (i.e., 2nd floor in US and Asia), 1 bed apartment (95 sq.m. + 9 sq.m. balcony) and swimming pool (approx. 7x4 meters with Roman stairs)
The stunning, newly renovated apartment is situated on the 1st floor (2nd floor in US and Asia) of a lovely old stone chalet built in the 19th century with its own entry. The self-catering facilities comprise a well-equipped open-plan kitchen with dining area, living room, spacious shower room, bedroom and balcony looking up at an adjacent church which is lit up at night.
Neither garden or swimming pool are overlooked by neighbours. The 15th century church at the top of the garden is not used and is far enough away to cause no worry of being overlooked should anybody decide to visit it.
Description of the accommodation:
-Bedroom (15 m2):
1 king-size platform bed with tatami-mats (164 cm x 213 cm) by Futon Company
-Bathroom/Dressing room (31 m2):
1 shower cubicle, 1 washbasin, WC, 1 chest of drawers, 1 Indian wooden bench, radio.
-Kitchen/Dining (22 m2):
Open plan kitchen and dining room with double sink, microwave, electric grill/oven, 4-ring gas hob, fridge/freezer, kettle, Nespresso machine, toaster, plenty of glasses, mugs, plates, saucepans, knives, utensils, 1 dining table and 2 chairs.
-Living Room/Lounge (27 m2):
2 sofas, 1 coffee table, DVD player with range of DVDs (you can't watch TV programs at the moment).
-Balcony by the 1st floor entrance door (9 m2): perfect for alfresco dining/having drinks.
-Swimming pool: approx. 7x4 meters with Roman stairs, not heated. Opens normally from June to September will be exclusively for the use of guests. We provide sunbeds, tables and chairs.
-Towels/Linen: Provided (and changed weekly). Pool towels provided.
The garden has various fruit trees and you are welcome to enjoy the fruits as they ripen; cherries, greengages, Mirabelle plums, raspberries, figs, pears (Japanese pears called "nashi"), apples and etc. Also, some herbs are grown for your use: basil (several different ones such as Thai, Greek Minette, Piccolino, Neopolitania, Lemon, & purple leaves 'Dark Opal'), thyme, oregano, savory (sariette; satureja), mint, chive, rosemary, dill, parsley, bay leaves, etc.
Interaction with guests
The owners of the house live on the ground floor and we maintain pool and garden.
Other things to note
-Access to the 1st floor apartment is via a wooden stairway; not suitable for children under 12 years old and those with mobility difficulties.
-Beams in the lounge and bathroom, and ceiling height could be low for anyone over 6 foot/1.80 meters. But there is reasonable headroom in the food preparation area.
-Please take off your shoes or wear slippers/indoor shoes in the apartment.
-Please refrain from smoking in the apartment; please do smoke outdoors (balcony or in the garden) if you would like to.
-Pets: not allowed (we have a cat).
-Entertaining friends (etc.) either in or outside the apartment is not allowed.
- In order for us to prepare the apartment to a very high standard for your arrival, the apartment must be vacated by 10 am on the check-out day, and new guests are requested not to arrive before 3 pm on the check-in day.
- A damage deposit of 150 euros is required on arrival. This is to cover any damage, breakages, losses or cleaning charges should the apartment be left in a poor state. It will be returned to you at the end of your stay subject to no damage/breakages or excess cleaning.
- Entertaining and/or inviting friends and/or relatives in and outside the apartment, and also in the pool, is NOT ALLOWED.
- The owners cannot be held responsible for any accidents occurring on the premises; grounds and/or pool area. We advise you to take out full medical & liability insurance to cover the period of your stay.
- Please take off your shoes in the apartment.
- Please do not smoke in the apartment. Please feel free to smoke outside.
- Please make sure to turn off all the light before going out. We appreciate your cooperation in saving energy.
- Please don't throw recyclables (pet bottles, glass bottles/jars and paper) in the general-waste bin. Please use a black round bin, behind the general-waste bin, for disposing the recyclables. When the bins are full, please leave them down by the stairs on the ground floor; we'll deal with them for you.
- We work hard to make sure the apartment is clean and well-prepared for your arrival. You are requested to leave the apartment as you find it, in a clean and tidy condition. Thank you very much ♪