You will find us in the South Island 15 minutes south of Oamaru and 25 minutes North of Moeraki. Kakanui is a quiet seaside village with beaches to swim in, a river to fish in, places to walk, Coast our local restaurant, and you can take fantastic photos, whitebait when it is the season and a place to relax and enjoy Oamaru has the historic precinct, blue penguin colony[open nightly], a local brewery , variety of eateries and great shopping. Moeraki has the historic boulders.
Our house is new and the access to your apartment is via a private access and has all the facilities you will need. This is your lounge area ,bedroom, bathroom, space for making tea/coffee with a small microwave and an outside area. There is a bbq that you are welcome to use which has a gas burner on the side.[please read the rules on using this facility].
The area can accommodate up to 4 people as there is a sofa that pulls out to a double bed [see photos]. It is a lovely area, clean and spacious.
Guests have a private access to the apartment at the rear of the house via some stairs. There is parking space off the road also at the rear of the house.
Breakfast will be served in our living area at an agreed time.
Interaction with guests
We will meet guests on arrival and be available when we are home.
This is our home so we do like our privacy but are more than happy to give advice on places to go. We want everyone to have a memorable stay in Kakanui.
- Smoking allowed outside
- Tea,coffee facilities available in room
- Small microwave for use. Basin labelled in bathroom cupboard is to be used to wash dishes.
- Basin in bathroom cupboard for washing small items of clothing/underwear in.
- Washing/drying available on request. Additional cost applies.
- Continental or cooked breakfast supplied and served by hosts available if booked before 7pm. Price is $15.00 per person for a cooked breakfast, $12.00 for extra guests continental breakfast. CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST INCLUDED IN THE $80 . Breakfast is served in our dining area.
- Additional pull out double bed available on request. Additional cost $25.00 per person.
-MINIMUM STAY IS 1 NIGHT!!
- TV with Sky available
- We ask that guests respect our home and privacy so that we can continue to share it with others.
Bob and I have retired to Kakanui and built a new home that we love. Bob loves sea fishing and I love my garden and we both enjoy other peoples company. We decided to do Airbnb so we can share the beautiful area that we live in.