My place is close to great views, restaurants and dining, the beach, family-friendly activities, and nightlife. You’ll love my place because of view from the top of the mountain, 5 minutes away from the 10,15 and 215 freeways, seclusion and privacy, the ambiance, the people, the outdoors space for hiking and mountain biking, the neighborhood, minutes away from shopping, outlets. My place is good for couples, solo adventurers, business travelers, families (with older kids, not small children).
The main house is shared with the family. Guests stay in a private bedroom with their own access entry and use of private full bath that is in the main house. The pool house which is a separate building next to the pool has its' own 1/2 bath, queen size hide-a-bed, entertainment area and elliptical machine. You will need to use the bathroom in the main house for showers. During the work week from August10-June 10 we do not have guests in the main house during the day as we are working. There is no air conditioning in the pool house. The breeze on the top of our "little mountain" is wonderful, even on very warm days.
Other things to note
We have 2 cats and 1 small dog. We also have a goat and small chickens in the shed below the pool house. No pets other than ours are allowed. No parties/pool parties. There is also no smoking at our residence or around our residence. We live in a high fire danger area. If you or a guest in your party chooses to ignore these rules, you will be asked to leave. You will forfeit your payout for the total stay and incur an additional cleaning cost.
- There is some retaining wall construction so certain parts of the perimeter of the property may need parent supervision
- Host mountain bikes and hikes and if available will serve as a guide free of charge
- There is absolutely no smoking inside or outside anywhere in or around the property.
- This is a private hill with only 3 residences on it. Loud music or parties are not allowed. If there is a party the clean-up fee can be minimally charged 100 dollars or more per hour depending on the time it takes to clean up the mess.
- Guests may use the kitchen, laundry and bathroom in the house at the times when the family is in the house as well-please let us know ahead of time if this is something that you will need to do.
I love to mountain bike and eat new foods. I could not live without my wife, my kids or my mountain bike. I grow an orchard filled with new varieties of citrus that I enjoy sharing with others-tasting something they've never had before. I love to travel to Michelstadt, Germany; Curitiba, Brasil and Seoul, Korea. I enjoy meeting new people. I really enjoy hosting because I meet such wonderful people! I hope that coming to our home is a wonderful get-away with the seclusion of living on top of a mountain, enjoying the pool all to yourself overlooking a million dollar view. I hope the breakfast with fresh eggs and fresh squeezed juice from your choice of fruit freshly picked out of the orchard is as fabulous as the sunrise. The pool house with its private bathroom, elliptical machine and huge flat screen TV gives our guests a private getaway like nowhere else! But even though our guests feel like they are renting a private mountain Spanish villa, our house has five minute access to the 10, 15 and 210 freeways. My life motto is, "take advantage of every opportunity that comes your way".