Camp in comfort in a unique furnished Bedouin style tent on a working organic farm in the Great Northern Catskills. More than just a place to camp, your visit offers you an authentic farm stay experience.
For additional farm stay options, see our other site listings: https://www.airbnb.com/users/3345227/listings.
Returning Visitors receive 10% discount!
Welcome to Foxtail Community Farm! A working family farm, we raise vegetables, fruit, flowers, herbs, chickens, & turkeys using sustainable growing practices. Our camp sites are in a secluded, natural area of the farm surrounded by 50+ acres of woods, meadow, farm fields and a spring-fed pond. The four unique sites are placed out of direct line-of-sight from one another, giving you personal space and privacy. Natural beauty and wildlife abound - fall asleep to the hooting of owls and chirping of crickets, wake to the clucking of hens and scent of wild honeysuckle. We're far from any city lights, making for brilliant stargazing.
The Pond Site is situated on the grassy bank of a small spring-fed pond, across a footbridge from the rest of the campground. The site is a small natural meadow surrounded by tall pine, birch, and poplar trees, beyond which lie our farm fields. The large Bedouin style canvas bell tent is fully furnished with a king-size bed, colorful throw rugs, comfy beanbag chair, floor pillows, and vintage farm crate end tables. An outdoor campfire pit, picnic table, and charcoal grill are in the site for your exclusive use.
This site is very romantic and is ideal for couples. It can accommodate a few children sleeping on the floor of the tent, or if you set up a second tent in the site.
- All bedding for the king-sized bed in the tent
- 5 gallon jug of drinking water at your site
- Simple portable hanging camp shower bag (you fill & hang in your site)
- Two solar-powered camping lanterns
- One stack of firewood per night (extra may be purchased from us)
- Dishes & utensils for two - including a corkscrew!
- Charcoal grill, matches, grill utensils & grill chimney starter
- A hand-pulled wagon to tote your gear and use throughout your stay
You Should Bring:
- Charcoal for the grill
- A secure cooler & ice for storing your food. NO food may be stored inside the tent. We recommend a lock or bungie cord to keep the cooler safe from curious animals overnight.
- Ground pads, cots, sleeping bags, etc for guests over two
We have a small selection of coolers and other assorted camping gear available to rent if needed.
You'll also have shared use with the other campers of the central campground area which includes:
- clean port-a-potty with hand washing area
- small very simple camp kitchen with propane camping stove, coffeemaker, basic cookware, plus assorted card and board games
- Large open grassy areas with equipment provided for horseshoes, badminton, bocce, wiffle ball, and tractor-tire swing
Despite the additional luxuries of this site, it's important to recognize this is still camping and not a hotel! The campground is rustic and off-the-grid, which is part of the draw and enjoyment. There is no running water, no plumbing or showers, no electricity or wi-fi, and cell phone service may be spotty (guests have access to running water in the farm yard, 1/4 mile from camp sites). All sites are strictly walk-in - no private vehicles are allowed in the campground. It's a beautiful, natural space with a secluded and intimate feel.
Walk-in access to campsites only. No private vehicles permitted in campground. ~1/4-1/3 mile walk-in to campsites from parking area.
To fully experience your farm stay we invite you to explore and participate in farm activities. Meet friendly chickens in the farm yard, help with morning chores and harvest, walk through gardens, and hike the marked trails around the 52-acre property – all of this is included in your nightly rate!
On weekend mornings we offer farm breakfasts for an additional charge, featuring a variety of homemade baked goods and dishes prepared from homegrown, local, & organic ingredients. You can also purchase fresh homegrown produce, eggs, chicken, preserves, and more from our farmstand. We can put a dinner basket together for you to grill at your site with homegrown and locally-sourced ingredients.
For those who want a deeper level of engagement, we offer a variety of unique tours and homesteading workshops for an additional charge. Check the board in the barn to see what is going on each day, or ask us about customizing a tour or workshop for your group. We love to share our farm with others and welcome your requests.
Interaction with guests
We live in the farmhouse on the property, adjacent to the farm yard and 1/4 mile from the camping area. You will have privacy but we are available if you need us. This is a working farm, so you will see us around the property working.
We have two farm dogs on the property, along with an array of farm birds and lots of wildlife. Please use common sense in interacting with all animals.
Other things to note
Check in time is 3:00 pm, check out by 11:00 am. We strongly recommend arriving before dark the first night for smooth check-in.
This site is designed for two adults. There is room on the floor of the tent for a few sleeping bags or cots for children, with no additional charge for children under 12 (don't include children in your number of guests or Airbnb will add that to the reservation price - just tell us about them in your note so we know who is coming).
Sorry, pets are strictly not allowed at this site, no exceptions. Leashed pets may be allowed at Bramble or Pines Sites with advance permission.
We have two big old farm dogs who roam the property. They'll want to meet you when you arrive and may decide to escort you to your site until they see you are settled.
For other options check out our other sites: https://www.airbnb.com/users/3345227/listings
- Be respectful of other campers in your use of space and noise level (quiet hours 11 pm - 7 am). Loud parties and excessive drinking are not allowed.
- Keep shared areas clean, put things back where you found them. Dispose of all trash & recycling in designated cans or carry out with you.
- No fires anywhere other than the designated fire pit at your site.
- Smoking is permitted outdoors in your own campsite only, no smoking inside tents or in shared common areas.
- No candles or other flames inside tents.
- Swimming in the pond is not permitted.
- No private vehicles in the campground. All vehicles must be parked up in the farm yard in the designated area.
- No pets permitted to stay at this site
- Never keep food in your tent, it attracts animals. Use a cooler (we have coolers available to rent if you need one).
- You are welcome to explore the farm but do not handle equipment or tools, open closed gates or go inside any farm building (except the farmstand) without permission.
- Use common sense around wild and domestic animals. Do not feed or handle animals without permission.
- In growing areas, stay on paths and use care not to step on crops.
- Use common sense and be aware of your surroundings to identify and avoid the inherent risks present in nature and on a farm.
This host has 28 reviews for other properties.View other reviews