A seven bedroom villa with a swimming pool, tennis court and outdoor barbeque hut. The property is close to Lagos and has amazing views over the atlantic ocean and golf greens. Enjoy your holidays here - in a very relaxed and laid back atmosphere.
ROOMS ON THE FIRST FLOOR
The top floor of the villa has 3 double bedrooms and enough space for up to 7 people. All rooms have twin beds or a double bed.
ROOMS ON THE GROUND FLOOR
The ground floor apartment of the villa has 3 double bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms and enough space for up to 7 guests. All rooms have twin beds or a double bed.
KITCHEN / ROOMS / VIEW
The kitchens are fully equipped. There's wifi and all the other things you might need on your trip. There is no restaurant on the property.
TENNIS / POOL / TRAMPOLINE / GOLF / SURFING / HORSE RIDING / DIVING
Next to the villa there's a private tennis court and swimming pool and we are a 4 minute drive away from one of the best 18 hole golf courses of the Algarve. There is now also a 3m trampoline next to the tennis court!
In front of the villa is the lagoon, and beyond that the Atlantic. Kite-surfing beginners are welcome to take lessons in the lagoon. 15 minutes away there is an excellent horse riding stable: experienced riders can take horses to the beach.
Recently 3 navy ships were stripped of their corrosive metals and sunk 2 miles off the Alvor Lagoon coast: this will create one of the largest artificial reefs in Europe and make the Algarve an excellent diving destination.
Our area: the Ria do Alvor is also excellent for birdwatching!
There's also a little barbeque hut which seats up to 20 people with a large grill for cooking the fresh fish that you bought in the local market. This place can also be great fun for the young ones in the family.
THE BEST BEACH OF THE ALGARVE
Meia Praia, a 5 kilometre long beautiful white beach is a 4 minute drive away and the west coast (where there's big waves) is only 45 minutes.
Interaction with guests
My villa and the surrounding countryside is unique because it's laid back and I'm an easy-going host! I love sports and my property is perfectly suited for sports and nature lovers. In the summertime I enjoy spending time with my guests in the grill-hut where all of us throw meat and fish onto the fire and enjoy the sunset. At the villa you will also meet our friendly lady dogs Rafa and Coochie and the cats Jamie, Lenny and Djulei.
Other things to note
The price displayed on airbnb is for two people / 1 bedroom per night. Please just get in touch with me if you are traveling alone and I can see what I can do about lowering the price!
Here are some rules which come in handy:
- do not trust your GPS/TOMTOM or 'Navi' to find my house, because you will get lost. Use the driving instructions that I have provided.
- the most important thing for me is that all of my guests feel at home and have a great time so please ask/tell me immediately if something is not working or missing.
- toilets/bathrooms: please dispose of paper, pads and toiletpaper in the bins next to the toilets and not in the toilet!
- towels: please don't take the white towels to the beach, these are only for use at the house. If you don't have your own towel for the beach just ask me and I will give you one.
- laundry: i charge 3 euros per machine. I give you the basket and show you which machine you can use and you get to hang your own laundry up!
- Please respect check-in and check-out times. I can not guarantee that the space is properly cleaned if my guests don't leave on time or if guests show up too early! Changes to check-in and check-out will be discussed further in my personal correspondence with you.
- Its great if people party a little bit in the grill-house, but please keep the noise levels down to 'normal' after midnight unless absolutely everyone is there and no-one is trying to sleep....
- Rubbish needs to be brought to the big communal bins that are dotted along the road to Lagos. Everyone should bring away their own rubbish, thank you!
- Things can break, this is not a big problem, please tell me so that I can replace it or fix it in time!
- I have old tennis rackets and oldish tennis balls which you can use. Once you have finished using them please dont leave it all spread out over the tennis court.
- trampoline: please only jump one person at the time (or try to keep to 100 kilos maximum).
- sun umbrellas: don't take the terrace or pool umbrellas to the beach because they might break and blow away. I do have beach umbrellas which have a lighter frame, they are stored in the little hut by the pool, feel free to take these.
- there is a cat and three dogs here. The cat likes to find the best comfortable beds to sleep on. If you have an allergy let me know in advance so that I keep the cat locked out.