SORRY NO SCHOOLIES. This family friendly Mornington Peninsula beach pad offers the perfect place to escape – perched above the Stringer Reserve, with views across the bay and out to The Dandenong Ranges on a clear day – this truly is the life, even for just a few days.
The Magic of the Blue Circle
Because there's nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it's sent away."― Sarah Kay
You know you're on holiday when you're leaning on the deck with a wine in hand, your face to the sea breeze – the open sky a chorus of colour as the sun sets over the Mornington Peninsula.
Nestled on the narrowest part of the peninsula, on the coveted stretch towards Sorrento, this blue circle position offers a 1km radius of coastal heaven: the bay beach just a 650m walk, and the rugged beauty of the back beach a 10-minute stroll down Beach Avenue.
Sit at the retro bar, and cast your gaze across the treetops to the vast blue of Port Phillip Bay, the shipping channel in the distance, sailed by the British in 1801 aboard the HMS Lady Nelson.
Plan a lazy day on the beach – the sandy foreshore and calm, safe shallows on your doorstep. Take in the picture perfect backdrop of a thriving boat harbour, home to the Blairgowrie Yacht Squadron and its bevvy of white winged sailboats.
Explore the cliff top walking tracks edging their way along the rugged surf of the Bass Strait coastline.
Immersed in nature – from the birdsong of the bush to the gentle lap of the waves on your feet – all that's left to do here is let go.
Relax. We've got your break covered.
- 10 beds. Sleeps 13.
- Master bedroom with king size bed.
- Bedroom 2 with a Queen bed
- Bedroom 3 with 2 bunks and a trundle
- Bedroom 4 with a Queen bed and 1 bunk
- Settle in for board games in the upstairs or downstairs living room, or enjoy a movie marathon with the TV and DVD player.
- Spread out across the split level floor plan with 3 bedrooms 1 bathroom upstairs, 1 bedroom 1 bathroom downstairs and floor to ceiling windows to take in the view.
- Romantic touches include a Coonara fireplace, kitchen with spice cupboard, north facing deck with bay views and a rambling backyard of trees for children to climb and explore.
- Direct access to Stringer Reserve bushland and its birdlife. See if you can spot a Honeyeater, an Owl or a Peregrine Falcon.
- Shop for supplies at the nearby Blairgowrie shopping village with a local bakery, newsagent and pharmacy
- Visit Peninsula Hot Springs - Victoria’s first natural thermal mineral springs. The Bath House is Peninsula Hot Springs’ social, family-friendly bathing area. Experience over 20 globally-inspired bathing experiences including a cave pool, reflexology walk, Turkish steam bath (Hamam), underground sauna, cold plunge pools and hilltop pool, offering stunning 360 degree views of the region.
Linen towels: byo
Living Rooms: 2
Flat Screen TV: yes
Air Con/ Ceiling Fans: no
BBQ: yes x 2
Indoor Dining: 10
Outdoor Dining: 10
The house and yard are all yours from check in to check out.
Interaction with guests
We view all of our guests as VIPs and we are genuinely happy to host people in our beach house.
We aim to treat everyone the way we want to be treated. We are respectful and prompt. We respond to almost all enquiries and questions within 15 minutes.
We mainly interact with guests through direct messages on Airbnb and we do our best to provide you with all the information you require prior to check in so you can enjoy a relaxing getaway.
If we can be of any assistance please let us know. We are only too happy to help.
Other things to note
Linen & towels: byo
Images displayed may have changed since the time they were taken
This property does not accept bookings during schoolies week.
In order to keep the house in great condition for all to enjoy:
- This is a smoke free property
- We have a no party and no function policy
- Keep noise to a minimum after 10pm (see below)
- Pets upon request only (**no pets for instant bookings**)
- No schoolies, bucks or hens groups.
- We don't accept bookings for groups under 25 years of age.
- To ensure you are comfortable in our house there is a maximum of 6 adults for instant bookings. If you would like to book for more than 6 adults please send us a booking enquiry so we can ensure you will all be comfortable.
We also ask that you respect our house and leave it in the same condition as you find it.
Linen / Towels: BYO. Each bed is fitted with a mattress protector, pillow protectors and a doona with a doona cover. You and your guests will need to bring a top and bottom sheet for each bed, pillow cases and your towels.
Upon arrival and during your stay if anything is not working or damaged please notify us immediately.
If anything is damaged or not functioning properly during your stay you must notify us immediately. We will make every effort to repair appliances as soon as possible. Please note during busy periods there may be delays in these repairs due to high demand.
Only registered guests are to be on the property during your stay. If you would like to have guests over please let us know.
We don't have many neighbours, but those we do have we like. This is a quiet residential area. Please keep noise to a minimum after 10:00pm and keep the neighbours happy. The neighbours and the police have my number and will call me if necessary.
Immediate termination of tenancy may apply (without refund of unused nights) in the event of unnecessary or excessive noise, nuisance, anti-social behavior or disturbance caused to neighbouring properties during your occupancy. Any reports of this will have a fee of $300 per report deducted from security bond.
- Please take bins out to the curbside on Sunday for collection on Monday. - Recyclables only in recycle bins. A fee will apply if non-recyclables are placed in recycle bins.
- Do not leave excess waste on the property. Take excess waste to the hopper on Normanby Rd Sorrento, the tip on Truemans Rd Rye or with you. A fee will apply for excess waste disposal.
Replace the foil in the grease catcher after use.
A barbecue cleaning fee of $40 will apply if the barbecue is not left clean.
Patries are strictly forbidden. Anyone having a party will have their tenancy immediately terminated, the entirety of their bond retained and forfeiting the remainder of any rent paid.
Please note: this property does not accept bookings during schoolies week.
Elia and his wife's love of travel has seen them occupy a camper-van for months on end to explore Europe, Australia and New Zealand. In the last five years they have spent almost an entire year travelling the globe, meticulously chronicling their experiences on their travel blog. They appreciate how valuable a helpful local is and that's what they strive to be as Airbnb hosts.
About Elia (bio lifted from a recent conference)
In addition to being an awesome AirBnB host, Elia is a Registered Nurse, paramedic and founding author of 2015's hottest new educational blog* Grave Lessons. In the line of duty he has been scratched, bitten and had his pearly whites praised by an envious and toothless octogenarian. His short attention span has made him well-suited to the many and varied short term interactions offered by his 16 year career in emergency nursing and pre-hospital care. He recently gained international attention for his article about the preventable death of three-year-old Ruby Chen which is the only reason we have invited him to participate in the 2015 International Conference for Emergency Nurses.
Elia enjoys being a husband, father, cyclist, and writing in the third person. Owing to an act of genetic serendipity Elia is as witty as he is lanky. He boasts a body surface area of 1.95 square metres. If he was actually worth his weight in gold he would be valued at AUD$3.7M. Why he insisted on those facts being included in his biography I will never know. Do yourself a favour and resist any urge you have to check out his blog.
* Ambitious and unsubstantiated claim.