Karula House at Cheetah Plains
8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 4 baths
Explore the African countryside up close and personal and be one with nature at this family-friendly retreat. Rock accents, natural wood, and polished stone floors flow throughout the interior. Fully retractable glass doors create a seamless flow between the main living area and the vast terrace. A French press of dark-roast coffee can be savored in the morning on the plump sofa under the pergola.
The elongated, heated swimming pool provides a place to swim and escape the balmy atmosphere. A private chef is included for all of your culinary wishes; dine fire-side in the outdoor boma. Strategically placed lanterns illuminate the property after dark with a soft glow. A soothing soak in the bathtub features views onto the bushveld beyond; the double rain shower flawlessly mimics a genuine downpour. Of course, what getaway would be complete without an elevated pampering session? Plenty of indulgences are included, from manicures and facials to massage therapy, incorporating local botanicals. Uncork a bottle of the region’s best wine and toast beneath the starlit sky.
Bush tours, in the morning and late afternoon, are the most immersive way to see animals in their natural habitat. Experienced guides take you out through the plains in open-air, electric vehicles—part of their sustainable efforts on the safari—which are quiet enough not to frighten away potential sightings. Another bonus: heated seats make the trip all the more luxurious when the temperature dips. How many of the sought-after Big Five (lions, leopards, elephants, rhinos, and buffalo) can you find?
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Walk-in closet, Wi-Fi, Ceiling fan, Fireplace, Heater, Minibar, Nespresso machine, Desk, Safe, Lounge, Private deck with daybed
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Walk-in closet, Wi-Fi, Ceiling fan, Fireplace, Heater, Minibar, Nespresso machine, Desk, Safe, Lounge, Private deck with daybed
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Walk-in closet, Wi-Fi, Ceiling fan, Fireplace, Heater, Minibar, Nespresso machine, Desk, Safe, Lounge, Private deck with daybed
- Bedroom 4: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Walk-in closet, Wi-Fi, Ceiling fan, Fireplace, Heater, Minibar, Nespresso machine, Desk, Safe, Lounge, Private deck with daybed
SHARED ACCESS TO AMENITIES AT PLAINS HOUSE
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Formal dining area with seating for 24
- Wine cellar
- 2 Lounges (formal & entertainment)
- Smart TV
- Swimming pool - heating included
- Sun loungers
- Alfresco dining area with seating for 24
- Private deck area
STAFF & SERVICES
- Private host
- Chef service - all meals & beverages included
- A selection of vintage South African wines, Cap Classiques, Premium Spirits, beers & non-alcoholic beverages
- Laundry service
- Field guide & tracker
- Twice daily game drives in private Electric Land-Cruiser vehicle
- Walking safaris
- Access to Nikon D850 camera with memory card
- Access to 2 iPhone 10s per suite are preloaded with the Roberts’ bird app, Stuart’s mammal app, an astronomy app and Cheetah Plains host’s contact number
At Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Road transfers from Hoedspruit Airport or Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport can be booked directly through Cheetah Plains
- Laundry service
- Spa treatment
- Golf at Skukuza Golf Course
- Daily conservation levies
Points of Interest:
- Located within Sabi Sands Game Reserve
- 435 km to Johannesburg
- 12 km to Arathusa Airstrip
- 98.9 km to Hoedspruit Airport (HDS)
- 113 km to Skukuza Airport (SZK)
- 161 km to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport (MQP)
- 491 km to OR Tambo International Airport (JNB)
Enter dates and number of guests to check the total trip price, including additional fees and any taxes.
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Sabi Sand Game Reserve, South Africa
100 min drive
144 min drive
Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
161 min drive
O.R. Tambo International Airport
361 min drive
Points of Interest
379 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.