8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 4 baths
Step into the warm appeal of a luxury lodge at the heart of one of Africa’s biggest biosphere reserves. Located in the Welgevonden Game Reserve, this home blends modern luxury with the earthy colors and visual heritage of South Africa. Four poster beds, rainfall showers, glowing fireplace, and a lengthy waterside relaxation terrace await guests after a fascinating day’s safari and game-watching.
The winding trunks of the reserve’s trees brush right up against the long terrace of this comfortable home, providing shade for guests relaxing by lamplight at intimate dining tables. Inside, the rich golden light of the home’s high chandeliers illuminate rich wood, thick carpets, and spacious, finely-tiled rooms. Chase away the heat of the afternoon with the home’s pool, before pulling up a seat at the well-stocked bar to enjoy a sundowner of your choice. Walk the well-maintained paths that radiate from the home to enjoy sweeping views of this rugged scrubland, or cosy up in front of the fireplace as stars shimmer above in the African night.
Camp Ndlovu offers a deep, immersive experience that prizes non-interference with wild animals. Gear up for the day with exceptional onsite catering, including a range of regional and seasonal dishes served at your own lodge. Expertly guided outings ensure that guests can experience the entire range of animals, from leopard, antelope and giraffes, to lions, elephants, water buffalo and endangered rhinos. The mountainous bushland is also home to a fascinating selection of birds and exotic plants and flowers.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Alfresco shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Air conditioning, Lounge area, Fireplace, Balcony, Plunge pool, Outdoor furniture
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Alfresco shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Air conditioning, Lounge area, Fireplace, Balcony, Plunge pool, Outdoor furniture
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Alfresco shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Air conditioning, Lounge area, Fireplace, Balcony, Plunge pool, Outdoor furniture
- Bedroom 4: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Alfresco shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Air conditioning, Lounge area, Fireplace, Balcony, Plunge pool, Outdoor furniture
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Formal dining area with seating for 10
- Nespresso machines
- Home gym
- Spa area
- Air conditioning
- Swimming pool - unheated
- Sun loungers
- Alfresco shower
- Alfresco dining area with seating for 10
- Lounge areas
STAFF & SERVICES
- Daily housekeeping
- Private chef service - all meals included
- Local branded beers and hand-select house wines, soft drinks, teas & coffees
- Two safari activities per day - game drives in open vehicles or walking safaris with guide
- Shuttle service from Welgevonden Reserve main gate or Welgevonden airstrip to Camp Ndlovu
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Laundry service
- Airport transfer
- Premium brands and liquors and additional reserve wines
- Spa treatments
- Late/early check-in fee
- Charter flights
Points of Interest
- Located within Welgevonden Game Reserve
- 314 km to Johannesburgh
- 282 km to OR Tambo International Airport (JNB)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Bosveld, South Africa
O.R. Tambo International Airport
3459 min walk
Points of Interest
220 min drive
Have a question about this home?
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.