Barefoot at Broken Head
10 guests · 4 bedrooms · 4 baths
Walk barefoot from this oceanside villa to the sands of Broken Head, a favorite beach for families and surfers in the Byron Bay region. Take the villa’s surfboard and conquer one of the top point-breaks in the world. Then return for poolside lounging and home-cooked feasts amid the sounds of kookaburra birds and the rhythmic sea.
This contemporary oasis emphasizes the lush natural beauty of Australia’s easternmost edge. Designed and built around 3 age-old pine trees, it features ample outdoor living areas and broad doorways that breathe the dune-softened air. Enjoy a workout in the 20-meter lap pool or simply relax in the shallow lounge pool under the open sky. Make the most of the villa’s bicycles and paddle board, or curl up with a favorite book in the dappled afternoon shade. Kindle the barbecue in the evening and relish an alfresco meal with a bottle of Australian wine.
The Northern Rivers region of New South Wales has something for everyone, from its extraordinary beaches, to the restaurants and cafes of Byron Bay town, to the history and panoramic views of Byron Bay Lighthouse. If you’ve never surfed before, this is definitely the place to try a first lesson, while skydiving and deep-sea fishing also beckon to thrill-seeking travelers. Explore the bohemian enclave of Nimbin and visit one of the area’s artisan and farmers markets. Nature-lovers will want to visit Broken Head Nature Reserve, Arakwal National Park, and the Cape Bay Walking Track.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower and alfresco bather, Dual vanity, Walk-in closet, Television, Air conditioning, Desk, Outdoor daybed, Direct access to terrace with garden view
- Bedroom 2: King size bed with additional Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Dual vanity, Daybed, Air conditioning, Direct access to terrace with garden view
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Air conditioning, Desk, Direct access to pool area
- Bedroom 4: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Air conditioning
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Formal dining area with seating for 10
- Espresso machine
- Smart TV
- Streaming services
- Central air conditioning
- Iron/Ironing board
- Lap pool - heating included
- Plunge pool - heating included
- Sun loungers
- Surf boards
- Stand-up paddle boards
- Alfresco dining area with seating for 10
- Gas barbecue
- Outdoor living space
- Outdoor furniture
- Parking - 2 spaces
- Garage - 2 spaces
- Gated property
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport transfer
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest
- 9.7 km to Byron Bay downtown
- 10 km to Cape Byron Lighthouse
- 24 km to Teven Valley Golf Course
- 31 km to Tyagarah Nature Reserve
- 107 km to downtown Gold Coast
- 2 minute walk to Broken Head Beach
- 7.4 km to Tallow Beach
- 8.5 km to Byron Main Beach
- 9.4 km to Belongil Beach
- 10 km to Wategos Beach
- 29 km to Ballina Byron Gateway Airport (BNK)
- 81 km to Gold Coast Airport (OOL)
Enter dates and number of guests to check the total trip price, including additional fees and any taxes.
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Natural gas barbecue
+ 7 more
Broken Head, Australia
Ballina Byron Gateway Airport (BNK)
23 min drive
Gold Coast Airport (OOL)
56 min drive
Broken Head Beach
8 min walk
8 min drive
13 min drive
14 min drive
Points of Interest
14 min drive
Byron Bay downtown
15 min drive
Cape Byron Lighthouse
15 min drive
Teven Valley Golf Course
20 min drive
Tyagarah Nature Reserve
28 min drive
80 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.