Otaha Beachfront Lodge
10 guests · 5 bedrooms · 5.5 baths
Waves sweep a stretch of untouched sand in front of this half-rustic, half-modern designer villa in the Bay of Islands. Wood-paneled floors and ceilings envelop the great room for a cozy vibe, while glass walls offer up ocean views. The 2-minute walk to the beach means you can start the day with a meditative wade and finish with a glass of wine sipped with your toes in the sand.
Though the location of this vacation rental is private enough to feel like your own deserted island in New Zealand, the villa is ready to pamper with al-fresco living and dining areas, a gas barbecue, and, inside, a smart TV, Wi-Fi, and a fireplace. A Nespresso machine and baby equipment will please family members of all ages.
This luxury lodge is laid out in two sections, each with a gently sloping roof and fold-away glass walls. The wood paneling on the ceiling and floors means sunlight casts a golden glow across the open-concept living room, a dining table for 12, and a fully equipped kitchen with a breakfast bar.
Otaha Beachfront Lodge has 2 master suites with king beds and ocean views, 2 bedrooms with 2 twin beds each, and one bedroom with a queen bed. All 5 bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms. Like the great room, the bedrooms get a serene yet stylish vibe from botanical-print wallpaper, geometric-print area rugs and honey-toned wood floors.
From the lodge’s snug spot nestled between 2 hills, a honeymoon from the everyday, it’s a 2-minute walk to surfing on the beach or hiking the trails that wind up and down the landscape. Make a short drive to stand in the mist of Rainbow Falls or learn about the region’s past at the Whangaroa County Museum. And do stop for seafood during your holiday; the town of Kaeo was named for the mussels found in the area’s rivers.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with bathtub and stand-alone shower, Dual vanity, Walk-in closet, Desk, View of the ocean
- Bedroom 2 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with bathtub and stand-alone shower, Dual vanity, Walk-in closet, Desk, Ceiling fan, View of the ocean
- Bedroom 3: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted to a King), Ensuite bathroom with bathtub and stand-alone shower, Walk-in closet, Desk, Ceiling fan
- Bedroom 4: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted to a King), Ensuite bathroom with bathtub and stand-alone shower, Walk-in closet, Desk, Ceiling fan
- Bedroom 5: Queen size bed , Ensuite bathroom with bathtub and stand-alone shower, Walk-in closet, Desk, Ceiling fan
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Formal dining area with seating for 12
- Ice maker
- Smart TV
- Iron/Ironing board
- High chair
- Baby equipment
- Alfresco dining area with seating for 8
- Gas barbecue
- Sun loungers
- Outdoor furniture
- Parking - 4 spaces
- Garage - 2 spaces
- Security cameras - outward facing
STAFF & SERVICES
- Mid-stay clean for bookings of 7 nights or more
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Airport transfer and chauffeur services
- Personal chef and catering
- Personal trainer
- Beauty/massage therapists
- Private butler
- Personal security
- Villa pre-stocking, shopping, and provisioning
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest
- 18 km to Rainbow Falls
- 19 km to Whangaroa County Museum
- 20 km to Kerikeri town center
- 22 km to Bay of Islands Golf Club
- 32 km to Puketi Forest
- 37 km to Tauranga Bay Beach Foreshore Reserve
- 23 km to Bay of Islands Airport (KKE)
Enter dates and number of guests to check the total trip price, including additional fees and any taxes.
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 8 people
Natural gas barbecue
+ 5 more
Kaeo, New Zealand
Bay of Islands Airport (KKE)
20 min drive
Tauranga Bay Beach Foreshore Reserve
34 min drive
Bay of Islands Golf Club
23 min drive
Points of Interest
Whangaroa County Museum
17 min drive
17 min drive
Kerikeri town center
20 min drive
37 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 60 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.