Historic dancer's designer home outside Monaco
12 guests · 6 bedrooms · 5.5 baths
This historic gem outside Monaco was once the home of dancer Rudolf Nureyev, who built a studio here in the 1960s. Superbly restored and renovated, with landscaping by esteemed garden designer Diarmuid Gavin, Villa Arcadia is now a unique vacation destination on the Cote d’Azur of France. Superb amenities for relaxation and play include a saltwater swimming pool, badminton court, gourmet kitchen, and beautiful living and dining areas both indoors and alfresco. Nuryev’s dance studio has been remodeled as a guesthouse and private gym, and there is a lovely home office for business travelers. Six superb bedrooms—all with king or superking-size beds—offer ideal accommodations for families or multiple couples.
The luxuriant estate inspires rustic outdoor pleasures under the Mediterranean sky. Play badminton or basketball amid fragrant gardens, and refresh yourself in the ample pool. Sunbathe on lounge chairs facing the vast horizon, and gather for alfresco meals at the sea-view table. Linger outdoors amid the evening's colors, sipping bottles of local French wine under the stars.
The villa's main living room is a gorgeous blend of the old and new. Arched French doorways open to the terrace, inhaling the sea-kissed air. High, peaked ceilings with exposed timber beams extend above the comfortable lounge areas. Low-slung modern sofas enjoy the warmth of the fire, while the stunning, sculptural elegance of the pod chair adds a dash of modernist style. The kitchen is light-filled and spacious, blending rustic accents with a minimalist sophistication. The beautiful dining table, set beside a rich scarlet wall, inspires memorable meals with loved-ones.
The upper floor features an exquisite master suite, which shares its ensuite bathroom with a guest bedroom. The ground floor features three king guestrooms, all with ensuite bathrooms. The guesthouse includes an additional king suite with ensuite bathroom and open-plan living/dining area with kitchenette, in addition to the fitness room.
Just ten kilometers from downtown Monaco, Villa Arcadia is perfectly positioned for exploring the Riviera and Alpes-Maritime region. You're an easy drive from several renowned beaches, including Cap d'Ail and Menton, as well as the towns of Beaulieu-sur-Mer, Menton, and St.-Jean-Cap-Ferrat. Nice is just eighteen kilometers away.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master Suite: Super King size bed, Shared access to bathroom with Bedroom 2, Stand-alone rain shower and bathtub, Walk-in closet, Lounge area
- Bedroom 2 : King size bed, Shared access to bathroom with Bedroom 1, Stand-alone rain shower and bathtub, Desk
- Bedroom 3 : Super-King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Desk
- Bedroom 4 : King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Desk
- Bedroom 5 : Super-King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bath tub
- Bedroom 6 : King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with standalone rain shower & bath tub, Kitchenette, Living room area
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Dining area with seating for 12
- Breakfast bar
- Wine cooler
- Espresso machine
- Latte coffee machine
- Fitness room
- Office space
- Changing room with stand alone shower bathroom
- Saltwater swimming pool (Heating - included)
- Basketball net
- Badminton court
- Terrace with lounge area
- Alfresco dining with seating for 10
- Gas barbeque
- Gated property
- Views of the sea & Monaco
- Mountain and sunset views
- Security cameras - outward facing
STAFF & SERVICES
- Daily housekeeping (Monday - Saturday)
- Personal laundry
- Pool maintenance
- Garden maintenance
- Hot/Cold water, electricity and gas use
- Weekly linen change
Extra Cost (advance notice may be required):
- Event fee - 1500€ minimum surcharge, previous permission provided depending on number of guests
- Cooking, serving and waiting is not included in the housekeeping service but can be arranged
- Activities and excursions
- Additional linen change
- Villa pre-stocking
- Airport Transfer
Points of Interest:
- 1 km to villa of La Turbie
- 10 km to town of Monaco
- 13 km to Beaulieu sur Mer
- 14 km to town of Menton
- 16 km to St Jean Cap Ferrat
- 18 km to Nice
- 41 km to Antibes
- 49 km to Cannes
- 12 km to Cap d'Ail beach
- 14 km to Menton's beach
- 14 km to Monaco beach
- 14 km to Monaco Heliport
- 27 km to Nice Côte d'Azur Airport (NCE)
- 43 km to Sophia Antipolis Airport (SXD)
- 53 km to Cannes - Mandelieu Airport (CEQ)
Enter dates and number of guests to check the total trip price, including additional fees and any taxes.
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 10 people
La Turbie, France
Nice Côte d'Azur Airport
19 min drive
30 min drive
Cannes - Mandelieu Airport
38 min drive
26 min drive
33 min drive
Points of Interest
18 min drive
18 min drive
28 min drive
29 min drive
34 min drive
39 min drive
43 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.