Tranquil sleek treehouse near Portuguese Beach
10 guests · 5 bedrooms · 5 baths
Settle into the peaceful rhythm of birdsong or the waves on the beach at Kasiiya. Named for the Swahili phrase meaning “find your pace,” this Costa Rica vacation rental puts you on 123 private acres on the Guanacaste coast. Its tented suites offer a unique kind of luxury stay and an intimate connection to the surrounding forest and beaches.
The resort-style accommodations encompass two beaches, plus access to The Beach restaurant for breakfast and lunch, and The Sunset restaurant for dinner. Your holiday here begins with an airport transfer and includes all three meals each day; daily housekeeping, spa and turndown service; and activities from snorkeling and trekking to yoga classes. After a day under the trees or on the water, share your adventures with family and friends back home via Wi-Fi.
Kasiiya is designed to be a seamless part of the landscape. It’s evident in the layout of the buildings—each suite is set at the end of a secluded path that seems to lead you deeper into nature. And it shows in the construction of each tent, which is built with natural materials on a timber platform that can be dismantled without leaving a mark.
The property’s five bedrooms are spread out among four tented suites: one with two bedrooms and three with one bedroom each. All five bedrooms have king beds, en-suite bathrooms, air conditioning and honeymoon-suite-worthy details such as al-fresco showers and outdoor living areas.
Though Kasiiya sits on its own extensive grounds, its Ocotal location puts you a short drive from some of the region’s most popular beaches and beach towns. The closest are Portuguese, Laguna and Ocotal beaches, but Playa Hermosa and its clear waters, shops and restaurants are also within easy reach. For more dining and nightlife options, it’s just a little farther to Playas del Coco.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
Tented Suite #1
- Bedroom 1 - Lazy Turtle 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Dual vanity, Eco toilet, Alfresco shower, Shared lounge area with Bedroom 2, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Terrace, Sun loungers, Safe
- Bedroom 2 - Lazy Turtle 2: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower & bathtub, Dual vanity, Eco toilet, Alfresco shower, Shared lounge area with Bedroom 2, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Terrace, Safe
Tented Suite #2
- Bedroom 3 - Lazy Turtle 3: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Dual vanity, Eco toilet, Alfresco bathtub, Alfresco shower, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Private terrace, Sun loungers, Safe
Tented Suite #3
- Bedroom 4 - Laughing Whale 1: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Dual vanity, Eco toilet, Alfresco bathtub, Alfresco shower, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Private terrace, Sun loungers, Safe, View of Ocean
Tented Suite #4
- Bedroom 5 - Laughing Whale 2: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Dual vanity, Eco toilet, Alfresco bathtub, Alfresco shower, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Private terrace, Sun loungers, Safe, View of ocean
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Air conditioning - in bedrooms only
- The Beach Restaurant (breakfast & lunch)
- The Sunset Restaurant (dinner)
STAFF & SERVICES
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner (Breakfast from 7am-9am, Lunch from 12pm-2pm, Dinner from 7pm to 9pm)
- Airport transfer (Maximum of 10 adults and 5 children)
- Spa services (Kasiiya treatment of 40 minutes per person per stay)
- Daily housekeeping (Between 8am-3pm)
- Turndown service (Between 7pm-9pm)
- Kasiiya Kit: walkie talkie, headlamp & property map
- Onsite activities: snorkeling, kayaking, paddle board, tree climbing, trekking
- Movement and yoga teacher
- Complimentary soft drinks
Extra cost (advance notice may be required):
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest
- 25.3 km to Playa Hermosa shops and restaurants
- 24.4 km to Playas del Coco restaurants and nightlife
- 94.9 km to Palo Verde National Park
- 22.4 km to Vista Ridge Golf Course
- 800m to Portuguese Beach
- 1.5 km Laguna Beach
- 13.4 km to Ocotal Beach
- 25.3 km to Playa Hermosa
- 24.4 km to Del Coco Beach
- 39.7 km to Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport (LIR)
Enter dates and number of guests to check the total trip price, including additional fees and any taxes.
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Matapalo, Costa Rica
Liberia International Airport (LIR)
53 min drive
39 min drive
Playa del Coco shops and restaurants
45 min drive
Vista Ridge Golf and Country Club
42 min drive
Points of Interest
Playas del Coco
44 min drive
45 min drive
Palo Verde National Park
113 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.