10 guests · 5 bedrooms · 6.5 baths
Roam the Italian countryside from your base at villa Bottino. The property’s rustic stone-walled exteriors have charm to spare, and its two buildings give two or more families room to vacation together, while still enjoying their own private areas. Extensive outdoor spaces with views of the surrounding hills make it tempting to stay in, but the nearby beaches and towns of the Lucca area are worth a day trip or two.
There’s no excuse not to relax at Bottino. Plunge into the pool, catch up on reading from a lounge chair on the stone patio or take in the view of the olive groves around the property from the outdoor dining area. Try your luck at the bocce court or billiards table, then engage your senses in a cooking lesson in the large kitchen in “The Barn.” There’s even a piano in case musical inspiration strikes.
The property’s two historically designated buildings share details like stone exteriors, tile roofs and country-casual interiors. Each house has its own living room with plenty of deep armchairs and the perfect spot to nap after a day of swimming, cooking or hiking. A tidy peach and blue kitchen offers modern perks like a coffee maker and dishwasher.
Bottino has five bedrooms and can sleep up to ten guests. Each bedroom has an en-suite bathroom, giving families or couples their own private space. Four of the bedrooms have double beds; the fifth has two twin beds. Details like upholstered headboards and soft-toned walls add comfort and cheer.
The villa is 4 km from the village of San Martino in Freddana, which offers shops and restaurants. Don’t miss the beaches of Versilia, just 20 km away. Drive to Pisa, which is 40 km away, or Florence, which is about 70 km away. If you’d rather walk, there are plenty of nearby hiking trails in the Apennines and Apuan Alps.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with tub
- Bedroom 2: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with large shower
- Bedroom 3: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with tub
- Bedroom 4: 2 Twin beds, En-suite bathroom with tub and shower
- Bedroom 5: Double bed, En-suite bathroom with large shower
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen (Staff use only)
- Sky satellite television
- DVD player
- Baby equipment
- Washing machine
- Unheated pool – open between May 30th to October 3rd
- Pool fence - upon request
- Bocce field
- Ping pong table
- Outdoor furniture
- Alfresco dining
STAFF & SERVICES
- Maid service - 3 hours a day, 3 days a week
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Adventure activities
- Cooking lessons
- Cook service
- Laundry service
- Child care service
- Additional maid service
- 4 km to:
- 20 km to Versilia beaches
- 70 km to Florence (by motorway)
- 40 km to Pisa Galileo Galilei Airport (PSA)
- HEATING - Heating is available at an additional charge of 50 Euro per day and must be paid directly on the spot to the owner or his/her representative before departing. Please note that heating in Italy, when not subject to restrictions by the local Government, is more expensive compared to other countries. If you look for a property in low season, make sure to ask for an estimate of the heating cost. You may be asked a supplementary deposit for heating expenses.
- WATER AND ELECTRICITY - Please note that most of the properties that we offer are not the typical purpose-built Mediterranean holiday villas. Most are converted farmhouses or former manor houses, full of character and history. Water shortages do occur; please use it sparingly during the summer months. At the same time, Italy is probably one of the few countries in the world where the government has introduced a system of electricity limitators to contain the national consumption. This means you must be careful when using more than one appliance at once because the limitator will shut the electricity off.
Enter dates and number of guests to check the total trip price, including additional fees and any taxes.
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Bocce ball court
Surround sound system
Hot water kettle
+ 6 more
San Martino in Freddana, Italy
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 60 days before your trip and only pay 50% of the total accommodation fees for the reservation. Cancel within 60 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.