8 guests · 4 bedrooms · 4.5 baths
Experience the best of Palm Springs at Mel House, a spacious, four-bedroom villa in the centrally located, El Mirador neighborhood. While just blocks from downtown, fences and tall hedges surrounding the property offer maximum privacy, creating the impression of secluded desert retreat.
Mel House’s exterior recently underwent a complete update, creating a true entertainer’s delight. Enjoy vast stretches of verdant lawn surrounding the front garden and Pebble Tec pool. Bask in the California sun, alternating your gaze between the sparkling water and the lofty San Jacinto Mountains. Seek shelter under the the pergola, with a newly installed outdoor kitchen and barbecue, provides relief from hunger. Ease into the bubbling hot tub on those cool desert nights and feel your worries melt away.
An open plan accentuates the spaciousness of the villa, while raftered ceilings, warm colors and an array of pop art add to its contemporary charm. Create culinary magic on modern appliances in the gourmet kitchen while fellow guests mix cocktails at the wet bar. Take dinner to new heights around the elevated dining table with the mountains visible through French doors. Retire to the central living room and savor an apéritif around a roaring fire. A wraparound sofa beckons you into the media room where you can enjoy movies on a state-of-the-art home theater system.
Mel House’s four bedrooms are individually styled with vibrant, yet subtle colors and elegant furnishings. All rooms have well-appointed en-suite bathrooms, featuring premium fixtures and fittings. Three of the bedrooms, including the large Master suite, are found in the main house, while the fourth room is in a casita off the pool. All rooms are air conditioned and open directly out to the terrace, while the casita room has its own living room.
From your location in El Mirador, you can spend quiet mornings strolling the Movie Colony and Ruth Hardy Park neighborhoods, where the classic mid-century modern and Spanish dwellings were once home to Hollywood’s elite. Walk or drive to Palm Canyon Drive, where you’ll find upscale shops, restaurants, galleries and nightlife. There’s no better way to soak in vistas of the Coachella Valley than by teeing off at one of the area’s 80 golf courses. Hikers will discover trails of all levels in the surrounding national parks.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
Palm Springs Registered Tax Permit Number: 3031
Palm Springs City ID: 1565
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Television, Access to pool and patio
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower and bathtub, Access to pool via bathroom
- Bedroom 3: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Television, Access to pool and patio
- Bedroom 4: Queen size bed, Queen size sofa bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone shower, Television, Access to pool and patio
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Formal dining area with seating for 8
- Air conditioning
- Heating system
- Swimming Pool (Pebble-tech saltwater pool)
- Hot tub
- Sun loungers
- Gas grill
- Alfresco kitchen
- Alfresco dining with seating for 8
- Outdoor living area
- Wet bar
- Ping pong table
STAFF & SERVICES
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest:
- 1.8 miles to Palm Springs Art Museum
- 3.3 miles to Moorten Botanical Garden
- 3.5 miles to Mesquite Golf and Country Club
- 4.9 miles to Indian Canyons Golf Resort
- 7.2 miles to Indian Canyons
- 14.6 miles to Palm Desert
- 2.8 miles to Palm Springs International Airport (PSP)
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Dining area for 8 people
Ping pong table
+ 1 more
Palm Springs, CA
Have a question about this home?
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules