Moroccan-themed estate near Coachella grounds
26 guests · 13 bedrooms · 11 baths
Legendary entertainer Merv Griffin lived large, so it was only fitting that he called this vast 13 bedroom compound, home. Even the most seasoned luxury travelers will be amazed by the truly original features and amenities found throughout the immense grounds of this Moroccan-themed playground. With a main house boasting over 5,400 sq ft of living space, four guest pods, two guests houses, the Merv Griffin Estate is ideal for entertaining or an unforgettable getaway with friends and loved ones.
The vast property is surrounded by verdant grass and mature palm trees, contrasting against a backdrop of the rugged Santa Rosa Mountains. Spend easy days keeping cool in the infinity pool or taking out a paddle boat in your private pond. There are multiple terraces for sunbathing as well as several covered patios where you can unwind with your guests or enjoy dinner al fresco. Spend reflective moments in a cabana that appears to float freely in the pond. Tour the paddocks or simply stroll the meticulously landscaped grounds before rejoining your group for champagne under the stars. Soothe your muscles after a day of golf in the bubbling spa tub.
The Moroccan inspiration continues inside, where custom contemporary furniture and accessories are enhanced by North-African patterns, carvings and latticework. Light pours into the living room where curved sofas, cushions and a fireplace offer a nod to traditional Bedouin style. You’ll enjoy testing your culinary skills in a fully-equipped kitchen that would impress any professional chef. High-end appliances, a wet bar, ice maker and smooth, stone surfaces are all at your disposal. Large windows line the home’s South wall, presenting stunning views of the pond and mountains beyond.
Glorious design and exquisite décor continue in Merv Griffin Estate’s thirteen bedrooms. Each beautifully-appointed room is filled with individual charm and features soft bed linens, air conditioning and a flatscreen television. Nine of the bedrooms house spa-quality en-suites, with premium fixtures and fittings. Two bedrooms, including the spacious Master suite, are in the main house. Four elegant, hexagonal-shaped casitas are found to the East, each containing one bedroom, with a private entrance. The seven remaining bedrooms are found in the two idyllic guesthouses.
La Quinta is nicknamed, “The Gem of the Desert” for many reasons, from its celebrity appeal to the lush green terrain, its world-class golf resorts to a peaceful take on life. Merv Griffin Estate may feel like another world, but golf courses, shops and restaurants are only four miles away. The vibrant city of Palm Springs is twenty miles away. There, you’ll find top-shelf spas, culture, upscale shopping and lively nightlife.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Gas fireplace, Television, Direct access to pool patio
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with walk-in steam shower, Gas fireplace, Television, Direct access to pool patio
- Bedroom 3 – Pod 1: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Gas fireplace, Television, Private entrance
- Bedroom 4 – Pod 2: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Gas fireplace, Television, Private entrance
- Bedroom 5 – Pod 3: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom withshower/bathtub combo, Gas fireplace, Television, Private entrance
- Bedroom 6 – Pod 4: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom withs hower/bathtub combo, Gas fireplace, Television, Private entrance
- Bedroom 7: Queen size bed, Shared access to ensuite bathroom in bedroom 8 via privacy door, Television, Access to bedroom 8 via privacy door
- Bedroom 8: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Bathroom shared with bedroom 7, Television, Access to bedroom 7 via privacy door
- Bedroom 9: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Television
- Bedroom 10: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom with shower/bathtub combo, Television
- Bedroom 11: Queen size bed, Ensuite bathroom
- Bedroom 12: Queen size bed, Shared access to hall bathroom with bedroom 13
- Bedroom 13: Queen size bed, Shared access to hall bathroom with bedroom 12
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Espresso machine
- Moroccan inspired great room
- 2 Wet bars
- 2 Mini fridges
- DVD player
- Sound system
- Wi-Fi (main house, west building and gatehouse only)
- 8 Gas fireplaces
- Central heating
- Central air conditioning
- 3 Washer & Dryer units
- Iron & Ironing board
- Infinity pool - heating is available between October and May, at additional cost and upon request only
- Hot tub - heating available for an additional fee
- Sun loungers
- Alfresco dining with seating for up to 28 guests (3 separate tables)
- Gas grill
- 2.5 Acre pond with 2 paddle boats
- Bocce ball court
- Gated property
- Mountain view
- Security cameras - backyard
STAFF & SERVICES
At Extra Cost – advance notice may be required:
- Chef services
- Spa services
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities and excursions
Points of Interest:
- 3 miles to Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival
- 4.6 miles to Old Town La Quinta
- 6 miles to Heritage Palms Golf Club
- 7.9 miles to Indian Wells Tennis Garden
- 10.2 miles to Bermuda Dunes Country Club
- 11.4 miles to Palm Desert
- 27.3 miles to Palm Springs
- 27.5 miles to Indian Canyons
- 7.9 miles to Bermuda Dunes Airport (UDD)
- 23.6 miles to Palm Springs International Airport (PSP)
Enter dates and number of guests to check the total trip price, including additional fees and any taxes.
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
Heated infinity pool
Dining area for 28 people
Bocce ball court
Stand up paddle board
+ 7 more
La Quinta, CA
Bermuda Dunes Airport (UDD)
18 min drive
Palm Springs International Airport (PSP)
40 min drive
Heritage Palms Golf Club
16 min drive
Points of Interest
Coachella Festival Grounds
5 min drive
Old Town La Quinta
11 min drive
Indian Wells Tennis Garden
17 min drive
Bermuda Dunes Country Club
18 min drive
25 min drive
42 min drive
56 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.