Oceanview resort villa near Mauna Kea beach
8 guests · 3 bedrooms · 3.5 baths
Refresh both body and spirit at Ke Ea Ola (Kauna'oa 1A). Named for the Hawaiian words meaning “breath of life,” this exclusive Big Island vacation rental is close to thrilling activities from snorkeling to boogie boarding, and has soul-stirring ocean and sunset views. Its location in the gated neighborhood of Kauna’oa means guests have access to the amenities of both the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel and the Hapuna Prince Hotel (resort fees apply).
Guests of Ke Ea Ola (Kauna'oa 1A) are welcome at the shared Kauna’oa facilities, from the infinity pool and hot tub to the fitness center and three-hole golf practice course. To relax or entertain in private, simply step out to the villa’s backyard, which has lush tropical landscaping, a pool with waterfall feature and hot tub, and covered lanais with sitting and dining areas and a barbecue. Play a favorite album over the state-of-the-art sound system, or simply let the waves be the soundtrack to your holiday.
The villa’s newly renovated interiors embody modern island luxury, and more than 3,100 square feet of living space over two stories make this townhouse feel like a stand-alone home. Vaulted ceilings and pocket doors that open to the terrace keep the great room bright and airy, while finishes in warm mango and mahogany lend a welcoming vibe. The tuxedo-style sectional and round dining table are contemporary yet comfortable, and the fully equipped kitchen includes a convenient breakfast bar and wine fridge.
There are two bedrooms with king beds, one with two twin beds and three-and-a-half baths. Wood furnishings and trim and large windows or fold-away doors to the lanais give the bedrooms the same sunny, inviting appeal as the great room. In the bathrooms, you’ll find thoughtful details such as sizeable vanities and glassed-in showers.
With its postcard-perfect scenery and wealth of activities, the Big Island is an ideal destination for a fun-filled family vacation or warm-weather honeymoon. And guests of Ke Ea Ola are in the middle of it, with a beach just a short walk or golf cart ride away that’s great for swimming, snorkeling and sunbathing. Borrow kayaks and other water sports equipment from the resorts, book a catamaran cruise or paddleboard expedition or enjoy exclusive use of a country club that’s just for Kauna’oa owners and guests.
Copyright © Luxury Retreats. All rights reserved.
HAWAII TAX ID #: 055-314-1248-01
BEDROOM & BATHROOM
- Bedroom 1 - Master: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower and jetted bathtub, Walk-in closet, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Television, Balcony with outdoor furniture
- Bedroom 2: King size bed, Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower and bathtub, Dual vanity, Walk-in closet, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan, Direct access to terrace
- Bedroom 3: 2 Twin size beds (can be converted to a king), Ensuite bathroom with stand-alone rain shower, Walk-in closet, Air conditioning, Ceiling fan
- Den: Twin size day bed, Television
FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast bar
- Formal dining area with seating for 6
- Wine fridge
- Coffee maker - drip coffee
- Cable television
- Apple TV
- Sonos sound system
- Ceiling fans
- Air conditioning
- Swimming pool - heating at extra cost
- Hot tub - heating included
- Alfresco dining area with seating for 6
- Alfresco shower
- Outdoor living area
- Sun loungers
- Golf cart
- Gated community
STAFF & SERVICES
Extra Cost (Advance Notice May be Required):
- Airport transfer
- Chef service
- Villa pre-stocking
- Activities & excursions
- Access to Mauna Kea and Hapuna Prince Hotel amenities
SHARED ACCESS TO AMENITIES AT KAUNAOA NEIGHBOURHOOD
- Hot tub
- Fitness centre
- Par 3 golf course
Points of Interest:
- 10 minute walk to Hapuna Golf Course
- 5 minute drive to Mauna Kea Golf Course
- 7 miles to Francis H. I'i Brown South Course
- 8.8 miles to Waikoloa Beach Golf Course
- 13 miles to Waimea
- 34 miles to Kailua-Kona
- 76 miles to Hilo
- 8 minute walk or 3 minute golf cart drive to Mauna Kea Beach
- 8 minute walk or 3 minute golf cart drive Hapuna Beach
- 3.5 miles to Waialea Beach
- 8.5 miles to Pauoa Bay Beach
- 9.1 miles to Holoholokai Beach
- 27 miles to Kona International Airport (KOA)
- 77 miles to Hilo International Airport (ITO)
Enter dates and number of guests to check the total trip price, including additional fees and any taxes.
Extraordinary homes with five-star everything
Pristine and expertly designed, each Airbnb Luxe home comes with luxury amenities, services, and a dedicated trip designer.
The Airbnb Luxe difference
Start-to-finish trip planning
Trip designers coordinate your arrival, departure, and everything in between.
300+ point inspection
Every Airbnb Luxe home is personally verified to be in pristine condition.
On-trip care, 24/7
Premium, on-demand assistance for any question, at any hour.
+ 1 more
Sonos sound system
+ 7 more
Mauna Kea Resort, HI
Kona International Airport (KOA)
34 min drive
Hapuna Beach State Park
8 min drive
9 min drive
10 min drive
Kaunaoa (Mauna Kea) Beach
11 min drive
Holoholokai Beach Park Road
15 min drive
Mauna Lani Beach Club
16 min drive
Kahaluu Beach Park
56 min drive
Hapuna Golf Course
3 min drive
Mauna Kea Golf Course
9 min drive
Waikoloa Beach Golf Course
17 min drive
Francis H. I'i Brown North & South Golf Course
17 min drive
Kona Country Club
57 min drive
Points of Interest
16 min drive
22 min drive
24 min drive
Kikaua Point Park
30 min drive
45 min drive
Have a question about this home?
We'll connect you directly to an Airbnb Luxe trip designer, your contemporary concierge who knows every home and can help you plan your entire trip.
Pricing and availability
Cancellation Policy and House Rules
Cancel up to 95 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 95 days of the trip and the reservation is non-refundable.