How do I add a cleaning fee to my listing?
Cleaning fees help hosts account for extra expenses they have getting their listing ready before guests arrive or after guests depart.
Add a cleaning fee
To add or edit a cleaning fee for your listing:
- Go to Manage Listings on airbnb.com
- Select the listing you want to edit
- Go to Pricing settings in the upper right-hand corner
- Under Extra charges and currency, check the box next to Cleaning fee
- Enter the one-time cleaning fee you want to charge each reservation
The cleaning fee is only added to reservations booked after the change is made.
There are a few things to know about cleaning fees:
- In the search results, guests will see a nightly rate that includes the cleaning fee divided by the total number of nights in the reservation. When they submit a reservation request, the nightly rate and the cleaning fee will be listed separately in the price breakdown.
- The cleaning fee is part of the reservation total and is not returned to guests at the end of the reservation.
- Because the cleaning fee is included in the total guest payment and host payout, service fees apply.
- Cleaning fees are not automatically added to Special Offers so you should factor that in when setting an all-inclusive price.