Cancelling during your stay
If anything unexpected comes up during your stay, generally it’s a good idea to try talking to your Host first. Most Hosts prefer to quickly resolve any issue by fixing it, offering a partial refund or both. You can message your host from your inbox.
If you come to an agreement with your host that includes reimbursement, you can send a refund request to your host. You can request a partial refund if you want to continue with your stay, or you can ask your host for a full refund if you'd rather cancel your reservation.
Travel issues eligible for a Guest Refund Policy claim
The Guest Refund Policy has additional details, but here’s an overview of what’s covered:
- No access to the listing, for example, if the host provides the wrong key safe code and can’t be reached, or if they change your reservation to another listing without your consent
- Space isn’t safe or clean upon arrival, including dirty linen, dangerous vermin or insects, or safety or health hazards
- Key amenities are missing or not working, for example, the kitchen is under construction, the pool is in disrepair during the summer months or the heating system is broken during the winter
- Place isn’t as it was described in the listing description, for example, the number of rooms or beds is different or accessibility features are missing
Send your request within 24 hours
- Gather evidence: If possible, take photos or videos to document issues like dirty linen or incorrect access codes.
- Send a request to your host: You'll have the option to ask your host to fix the issue or request a refund. It’s important to get help within 24 hours of noticing the travel issue. Otherwise, your refund amount might be impacted.
- Wait for the response: We’ll keep you posted on what your Host says. Your Host will have 1 hour to respond. If they don't, we'll step in to help.