How to book an emergency stay through Airbnb.org
In order to book an emergency stay through Airbnb.org, you must meet eligibility requirements and be approved.
Applying for a stay
In some instances following a disaster, Airbnb.org activates a platform which allows local Hosts to offer their space for free to those impacted. When the platform is activated, people in crisis can request emergency housing through a dedicated website for the event.
If you have been impacted by a disaster
If emergency housing is available through Airbnb.org, you’ll see an article in Airbnb’s Press Room with information about the event and a link where you can submit a request.
After you submit your request
We may get in touch to check on additional details. We aim to review all submissions within 24 hours. If we can’t verify your information or it doesn’t meet our eligibility criteria, we’ll send you an email to let you know.
Relief workers must be referred by an Airbnb.org nonprofit partner, as it’s not possible for individuals to apply for relief worker housing.
Booking a stay
If you’re approved, you'll receive an email inviting you to browse available Airbnb.org stays. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Read the email invitation carefully. It’ll outline how to book a stay and the dates for which you can book.
- Make sure the place is a good fit. Check the listing details—number of bedrooms, amenities, and photos.
- Make sure your stay meets the program requirements. If it doesn’t, it'll be canceled according to the Host's cancellation policy.
- Need more info? If you have any questions, click or tap Contact host on the listing page.
Only book an Airbnb.org stay once you receive an invitation in order to ensure that service fees are waived and any discounts are applied.
- How-to•GuestEligibility for emergency stays through Airbnb.orgThe programme supports evacuees, relief workers, medical patients and their caregivers, refugees and asylum seekers.
- How-to•GuestReviews for Airbnb.org staysThese reviews work differently from regular stays—guest reviews are private and Host reviews are public.
- How-to•HostHow do I change or cancel an Airbnb.org reservation?Communicate any changes as soon as possible with the host, guest, or their booker using the message thread.